We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

fishing

Which Protaras hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Carlisle, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
fishing

Hi l am going to cyprus for the first time next week and would like to do a bit of fishing while I am there. Any recommendations or tips please

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
356 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: fishing

Hi,

We are going to Pernera next week and i will be keen to see any feedback you get.

My son (13) wants to try a bit of fishing from the rocks,we are both complete beginners but the FI law has set him up with a small telescopic rod and some lures,hooks etc.

To be honest he will probably get bored if we don't catch anything after 10 minutes,I think there are a few boat trips that go further out with all the equipment provided leaving from Protaras & Pernera.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
182 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: fishing

the fish round shoreline all small in size about 4-6 inches from what ive seen snorkeling the gar fish a little bit bigger but difficult to hook the shape of their mouths.take light tackle small hooks, the smaller the better say size 18 and smaller a float about 3bb in size should be fine the fish attack your bait in shoals so the float will bob up and down like mad so its trial and error when to strike to hook a fish.when i first went never had any luck fishing as not many fish about so now dont bother but they seem to do well from the small island off fig tree bay the right hand part is where most fish from you have to swim over to it but is easy enough just keep your bread dry.bread the bait of choice keep it cool so it doesnt dry out in heat just a small ball on hook, also seen them fishing along the boardwalk between pernera and protaras near cains bar.

3. Re: fishing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 July 2015, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Protaras
Recent Conversations