We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Trad. Greek restaurant

Which Protaras hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
358 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Best Trad. Greek restaurant

Hi,

Heading to Pernera in a few days,which is the best restaurant serving Greek food,was going to try "Thomas' shack" but have been put off by recent posts saying all the food is itemised,extra for chips,extra for salad etc,etc.

Thanks.

UK
Destination Expert
for Ayia Napa, Puerto Del Carmen, Skala, Cyprus, Protaras
Level Contributor
13,950 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Trad. Greek restaurant

Pinia or Thoma's Shack would be my choice in resort, Nikolas Taverna & Anatolia in Protaras

.........or if you don't mind travelling, in Sotira there is a fantastic taverna called "Mousikos". You'd need a taxi if you don't drive, or just get a bus to Paralimni and get a taxi from there. Also Paneri Tavern in Sotira. Or Costaris in Dherynia tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g4366545… or Makis Place same village

Or a little closer in Paralimni, Kanati Taverna

Lot's of other ideas on this recent thread - tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g667803-i11648-k…

Wales, United...
Level Contributor
429 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Trad. Greek restaurant

Hi, I too recommend travelling to Sotira! Mousikos, Paneri or Old Simos! For me Paneri is no.1! Free dessert is a nice touch! (Baklava and Watermelon) also the bread is delicious! Super good value for money you won't believe how cheap it is! Went there for the first time this year and kept going back! We usually go to Old Simos!

We've been staying in Sotira and Liopetri since 2010 and love them! As its not far,It's nice to go to the resorts then relax in the villa!

All the best

cumbernauld
Level Contributor
285 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Trad. Greek restaurant

Definitely recommend Mousikos in Sotira the food`s wonderful to the palate, & the portions are enormous.

Basingstoke, United...
Level Contributor
210 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Trad. Greek restaurant

Pinia Restaurant in Pernera - it's on the road leading down to the harbour and Golden Coast Hotel. Will be going there again in October!

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
23 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Trad. Greek restaurant

Love Anatolia's great restaurant but it can't be described as a traditional

greek restaurant.

I would more class Romeos or Nikolas Taverna as traditional.

UK
Destination Expert
for Ayia Napa, Puerto Del Carmen, Skala, Cyprus, Protaras
Level Contributor
13,950 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Trad. Greek restaurant

I think Anatolia might disagree with you 7cyprus

essex
Level Contributor
56 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Trad. Greek restaurant

Nikolas Taverna for me in Protaras ... but to be fair not had a complaint with any of the restaurants

Stroud, United...
Level Contributor
166 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Trad. Greek restaurant

Noufaro in Pernera opposite Thomas Shack.

Fantastic meze €14.95 each for 2 people. Each dish was fantastic. Great service too.

Another where the locals eat.

9. Re: Best Trad. Greek restaurant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 August 2015, 05:16