We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Porotaras End of Sep early Oct??

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Porotaras End of Sep early Oct??

Ahoy,

My Girlfriend and I are thinking of booking 2 weeks in Protaras for 2 weeks starting late September? Will it still be busy around this time? with all the bars and Resturants open? In addition will it still be nice and warm? (Sunbathing, Eating outside in the evening etc?)

We are also thinking of getting a 2 bedroom Villa with pool and any suggestion would be grateful.

Many thanks in Advance.

Bradders

UK
Level Contributor
14,013 posts
139 reviews
1. Re: Porotaras End of Sep early Oct??

September is a favourite month of mine, good weather without humidity, pools & sea warm all the school kids have gone back and it's still relatively busy.

Things don't start closing until last week of October so everything open when you plan to go.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
2. Re: Porotaras End of Sep early Oct??

Many Thanks Miss_Chief1 for a swift reply.

UK
Level Contributor
14,013 posts
139 reviews
3. Re: Porotaras End of Sep early Oct??

Your welcome. Choose your villa well as let's say some sites state Protaras for location when they're clearly not and it could involve taxis and buses to get into protaras. ! There are enough villas in and close by not to have to revert to one of those

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
4. Re: Porotaras End of Sep early Oct??

Many Thanks will keep a keen eye on the location, tho we also wouldnt mind staying in Pernera??

Bangor, United...
Level Contributor
382 posts
15 reviews
5. Re: Porotaras End of Sep early Oct??

Pernera is a firm fav of ours and we have stayed there for the past two years , both times in villas . The Crystal Lagoon complex behind Windmills is a perfect place to stay , everything is within a short stroll and Protaras can be walked to along the seafront in about 20/30 mins depending on how fast / slow you want to walk , it really is a nice walk . Bus service is good also into protaras but the walking was akways the option we took .

Pernera is the best of both worlds , a good bit more laid back than protaras but still enough places to eat n drink and if you want the more full on night out then protaras is just a stones throw away . We use to do alternative nights in Pernera and protaras , it kept things fresh and we never get bored that way .

Torpoint, United...
Level Contributor
6,250 posts
122 reviews
6. Re: Porotaras End of Sep early Oct??

Hi, Sept is our favourite month to visit Cyprus ,We prefer Pernera to Protaras it is not so built up Protaras reminds me of a concrete jungle , find a space build a hotel.Pernera is lovely lively without being over the top and you can walk the coast path to Protaras in20-30 minutes, it is also on the bus route for Protaras/Ayia/Nappa.

For a villa see holiday rentals tab at the top of this page or have a look on owners direct.Julie

hartlepool, united...
Level Contributor
4,812 posts
139 reviews
7. Re: Porotaras End of Sep early Oct??

End of September/beginning of October is the best time to go in my opinion. As mentioned, pools and sea are still lovely and warm, days are gorgeous and it's still nice enough to eat outside on an evening. Stupidly we are booked for July this year (too hot!), but we are both restricted with work.

Try villaplus for villas. We used them last year for our holiday to Corfu and have booked with them again for this September. I like their website and we have had no problems with them at all.

Scotland
Level Contributor
696 posts
97 reviews
8. Re: Porotaras End of Sep early Oct??

End of September beginning of October great time to go.

I am going back to Protaras on 30th September for 2 weeks.

As previously stated Pernera is only short walk away along the broadwalk.

I have never stayed in Pernera before but we have had many a good meal and drinks there.

The weather is still hot this time of year and the sea is still warm enough for swimming even during the evening it is still warm enough for shorts and tshirts.

There is plenty of Villas to chose but do have a look on a map before booking to make sure that it is not too far away from either Protaras or Pernera.

I am sure you will enjoy your holiday if you go.

9. Re: Porotaras End of Sep early Oct??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 February 2016, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Protaras
Recent Conversations