We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Special birthday celebration hotel

Berkshire, United...
Level Contributor
45 posts
3 reviews
Special birthday celebration hotel

Hi

I want to take my wife to a special hotel for her birthday , want to spoil her and give her a memorable holiday . The thing is I would like to stay somewhere that's got a mixed nationality not mainly Russians . I like to talk and mingle with different nationalities but the Russians are just so rude and don't seem to want to mix with other people and to be honest I'm quiet fed up with it . I've been going to Protaras for the past 3 years and would like to stay somewhere that's not over run with Russians .

I have been looking at some nice hotels on trip adviser but the word Rude Russians keeps popping up .

May be its time to do what a lot of other people have done and try another country .....I don't really want to do that as we love Cyprus .

If anyone knows of a good hotel that's very mixed in different nationalities can they please post on here .

Many thanks

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
146 posts
23 reviews
1. Re: Special birthday celebration hotel

Vrissaki is good about 3 years old english and scandanavian, or capo bay or the sun rise hotels if thats your budget, weve been going to cyprus for 17 years and the Russians dont bother us one bit ,not sure why everyone has a problem with them

UK
Level Contributor
14,013 posts
139 reviews
2. Re: Special birthday celebration hotel

Sunrise Pearl ? Sunrise Beach ?

If your stuck on protaras then I'm afraid you'll encounter all nationalities unless you book a UK based operator tied hotel

cyprus
Destination Expert
for Larnaca, Cyprus
Level Contributor
4,564 posts
39 reviews
3. Re: Special birthday celebration hotel

Afraid this post is racist. Have seen rude Russians and rude English and rude Cypriots.

Have stayed in a few 5* hotels around Cyprus and have not neard anyone singing with balalaikas. Elysium at Paphos had a mixture of nationalities and enjoyed my stay.

If you really want a special hotel go to Anassa .

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
2,772 posts
59 reviews
4. Re: Special birthday celebration hotel

I don't have a problem with Russians and there have been plenty where I stay. I don't believe they are intentionally rude, it's just their way. They keep themselves to themselves and don't really mingle even with each other. They find it strange that we eat and drink out every night but it is not in their culture to do so, they prefer to cook and stay in their rooms and lie on the beach all day. I find it you smile and say hello they will do the same.

The Sunrise Pearl would be a super place to take your wife for a special treat.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
11,373 posts
295 reviews
5. Re: Special birthday celebration hotel

I am at the Four Seasons at the moment and Have noticed it is mainly Europeans here this year. The hotel is superb as is the Amathus Beach next door but one. Your wife would be truly spoilt here, we keep finding little treats in our room.

Torpoint, United...
Level Contributor
6,250 posts
122 reviews
6. Re: Special birthday celebration hotel

I would go for the sunrise pearl ,the location is far better than the area of four seasons and Amathus hotels in Limassol and the beach is much nicer.Julie

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
11,373 posts
295 reviews
7. Re: Special birthday celebration hotel

I have never stayed at the Sunrise Pearl but did research it when it first opened. It depends what you are looking for really but if it is luxury and pampering you want then will not find anywhere better than the two hotels I mentioned. Today we walked the beach path and then had a fabulous breakfast overlooking the Koi carp ponds. We have been swimming in the large heated pool and the sea.

We came back to our room to find a box of chocolates and that our fruit bowl had been topped up as well as complimentary water. We had cocktails on the Vista Terrace and were given complimentary homemade appetisers as well as the usual nuts, olives, etc. We then went to a typical Cypriot taverna across the road where the hospitality was warm and welcoming. I am now sitting on the balcony overlooking the sea and all the twinkling lights.

Nothing is too much trouble for the guests at this hotel and I would recommend it but we are all different and like different things.

8. Re: Special birthday celebration hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 September 2016, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Protaras