We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kapparis or Pernera?

UK
Level Contributor
1,227 posts
221 reviews
Save Topic
Kapparis or Pernera?

We are thinking about going to the Protaras area next September (a while off, I know!). We haven't been there for about 12 years so I expect it has changed a lot from the quietish backwater with a few restaurants and bars that we remember. This visit it will just be the two of us. We like to be able to walk to a decent choice of restaurants and waking distance to a nice sandy beach for swimming.

I am looking at villas in the Kapparis and Protaras area. I notice that a lot seem to be in heavily built up areas and badly overlooked by other properties. We are looking for large private pool and king bed, if anyone has stayed in a villa they can recommend.

Your advice would be welcome!

4 replies to this topic
Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
2,772 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kapparis or Pernera?

Oh you will notice a hugh change (and not all for the good)!! The road between Pernera and Kapparis has been so built up, all the melon fields, pepper fields etc have been replaced by housing, lots of which are to rent. I'd be inclined to opt for Pernera. Kapparis is OK but is mainly an ex pat community consisting of one long road, Kennedy Avenue where there are lots of restaurants. Plenty of villas in the area though and there are a couple of nice beaches, Firemans Beach and Ayia Triada.

The area around Sirena Bay is very nice (midway between Kapparis & Pernera). Google Pernera Villa rentals and you should find something on there.

Pernera has also had its fair share of new housing, it seems if there is an empty piece of land, stick a housing complex on it but at least the housing is maturing very well in that area.

Pernera I think is a bit more central. There is a lovely new coastal walkway which joins up to Protaras - 25 minute lovely walk with kiosks on route.

UK
Level Contributor
1,227 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kapparis or Pernera?

Thanks for that - sounds like it has certainly changed! I look forward to the new walkway along the coast though!

uk
Level Contributor
56 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kapparis or Pernera?

i have not stayed in kapparis but have stayed in pernera the past 2 years

very nice beach in a lovely bay.from here you can walk to protarasone way

or paralimini the other.try owners direct website.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Protaras
Level Contributor
2,104 posts
264 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kapparis or Pernera?

Hi

Try destinationcyprus too for villas (may not have what your looking for but worth a look), we have booked a villa in Pernera with them for next year, they came highly recommended by some friends who had stayed in one of the villas earlier this year.

Diane

Reply to: Kapparis or Pernera?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Protaras