We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cruise Ship / Day Tours

Milford On Sea Uk
Level Contributor
48 posts
67 reviews
Save Topic
Cruise Ship / Day Tours

Hola

Arriving on Cunard Queeen Victoria 15th December. Any recommendations for a tour to Antigua, which seems to be the day trip of choice. A min of 4 in the Group possibly more.

Anything of interest at the Port ?

To the Tourist Board organise trips on the Day with safe reliable operators ?

Thanks

22 replies to this topic
Alabama
Level Contributor
758 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cruise Ship / Day Tours

Why don't you do some research on the official Guatemalan Tourism website? Not only can you find activities there, but also research tour agencies as well.

www.visitguatemala.com/web/index.php…

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cruise Ship / Day Tours

Hi there

We are also on this cruise.Thinking of of visiting Antigua, Could see you onboard ship

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
8 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cruise Ship / Day Tours

Will be visiting Puerto Quetzal in November on Celebrity Cruise. What is the best and safest way to get to Antigua?

Port Richey, Florida
Level Contributor
2,546 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cruise Ship / Day Tours

From what I've read on guatmalan papers on line, every cruise ship is met by guatemalan tourism (INGUAT) officials. They coordinate with tour operators and vendors to make sure tourists are not ripped off. And also to ensure service providers meet safety and quality standards. So, rest assured there'll be modern buses offering transportation to Antigua. It's about an hour and a half ride on a flat and safe four lane highway. And FYI there is nothing to see around the port. But Monterrico which is not too far appeals to some tourists

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
8 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cruise Ship / Day Tours

Thank you for your response Kyle. I had not heard of Monterrico and will look into that as well. Sounds like the transportation to Antigua will be fine. I tend to be adventurous but not everyone in my party is.

Perth Australia
Level Contributor
140 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cruise Ship / Day Tours

Hi. We are from Australia and we will be on your ship.

Looks like its not too hard to arrange a tour bus to Antigua which is good. We are reluctant to take the big per organised tours that the ship offers.

We are in cabin 621

Ross and Kathy

Melbourne
Level Contributor
1 post
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cruise Ship / Day Tours

Hi. We are travelling here in march. Did you have any trouble with buses to and from Antigua.

St. Albans, MO
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cruise Ship / Day Tours

In January, we will be In Puerto Quetzal. What do you suggest?

Edited: 20 December 2013, 14:54
Level Contributor
1 post
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cruise Ship / Day Tours

Hi - We are calling there on 26/1/14 on Celebrity Century and were thinking of using the local tourist service recommended coach/bus to Antigua. ( after having looked at photos of Puerto Quetzal, which is basically a one ship cruise pier and nothing else!) I'm told that Guatemala is a beautiful country, worth seeing.

Hope this helps.

Billy & Anne

From Essex, England.

Belchertown...
Level Contributor
2 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cruise Ship / Day Tours

My wife and I will be in the same boat (Celebrity Century) in January and are planning to do the same in Puerto Quetzal/Antigua. Maybe we'll see you there. I was also looking for things to do in Colon, Panama and found good comments for Almiza Tours (www.myfriendmario.com).

Martin

Reply to: Cruise Ship / Day Tours
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Puerto Quetzal