We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nearest supermarket to kalamarta airport

Maidstone, United...
Level Contributor
155 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
Nearest supermarket to kalamarta airport

We are due to arrive at kalamarta airport on a week on Saturday.:0) excited picking up a hire car. We would like to stock up on a few essentials before our onward journey can any one give me direction to the a supermarket. Thanks.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,079 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nearest supermarket to kalamarta airport

I'm assuming you're heading towards Stoupa?? If you are you will pass a large Lidl supermarket on the main road that takes you towards Kalamata city from the airport. It's open from 8am-8pm

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
127 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nearest supermarket to kalamarta airport

As posted above, it is the Lidl supermarket. They will have everything you need.

Edited: 18 June 2014, 00:35
Maidstone, United...
Level Contributor
155 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nearest supermarket to kalamarta airport

Wow thanks for the quick reply. How's Canada. My husband went a few years ago and still talks about it. Says it was an amazing country with wonderful people. How do you know Greece so well?

Maidstone, United...
Level Contributor
155 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nearest supermarket to kalamarta airport

Thanks for the quick reply all the way from Australia. Same question as asked to our Canadian friend who replied. How'd you know so much detail about Greece. You must have so much to explore in a vast country like Australia. I had a friend who emigrated and has never been back she loves it so. Lucky you. Being nosey really I just never expected replies from so far away. I really appreciate it.

Kalamata, Greece
Level Contributor
260 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nearest supermarket to kalamarta airport

Just bear in mind that the main Lidl supermarket in Kalamata is on the wrong side of the road if you are coming from the airport. This road is dual carraigeway and very busy. I would suggest going to the nearby Lidl in Messini - turn right out of the airport. It is in the wrong direction but easier and quieter. There is also a Carrefour close by. You can then return past the airport towards Stoupa.

Barry

Amsterdam, The...
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nearest supermarket to kalamarta airport

Indeed Lidl is the closest, but I would also suggest carrefour (Artemidos 177) which is only 100-200 further away, as an alternative. There you can find all the common brands. Lidl is very cheap but the taste and the quality is somewhat questionable in some cases.

Amsterdam, The...
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Nearest supermarket to kalamarta airport

Indeed Lidl is the closest, but I would also suggest carrefour (Artemidos 177) which is only 100-200 further away, as an alternative. There you can find all the common brands. Lidl is very cheap but the taste and the quality is somewhat questionable in some cases.

8. Re: Nearest supermarket to kalamarta airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 July 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Kalamata
Recent Conversations