We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi from Te Anau to Rainbow Reach bridge?

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Taxi from Te Anau to Rainbow Reach bridge?

We are finalizing our Kepler Track plans (thanks to WanakaLakes and Mellicon for all their help in getting us to this point!).

We have a question about transport from Te Anau to the Rainbow Reach bridge. Due to timing, we need to make this trip after the last TrackNet shuttle has left for the day. Are there any taxi or other transport options that can get us from Te Anu to the bridge?

North Carolina
Level Contributor
225 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi from Te Anau to Rainbow Reach bridge?

There's another service -Topline - but I'm not familiar with them, and I'm not sure there times are better. http://www.toplinetours.co.nz/

I don't recall seeing taxis in Te Anau; it's a small town. But someone will know for sure.

I guess you could email Tracknet and see if they have any suggestions.

You can't be the first people to have this challenge. I'm sure someone will know of a solution. Good luck.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
225 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi from Te Anau to Rainbow Reach bridge?

I took this picture @ Rainbow Reach. I can see ads for Tracknet and Topline. You might try to enlarge it and see if there's any additional info that might help you. I'm too lazy. =)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/39977461@N08/6915100716/in/set-72157629413029690/

North Carolina
Level Contributor
225 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi from Te Anau to Rainbow Reach bridge?

Or you could email the DOC in Te Anau

Fiordland National Park Visitor Centre

Department of Conservation, Lakefront Drive

Te Anau

fiordlandvc@doc.govt.nz

South Island
Destination Expert
for South Island
Level Contributor
1,397 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi from Te Anau to Rainbow Reach bridge?

Trips and Tramps seem to have recently taken over the work of Topline. If you contact them with your requirements I am sure they will be able to help.

The Kepler is a great walk, enjoy.

Level Contributor
11 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi from Te Anau to Rainbow Reach bridge?

Contact Trips and Tramps on info@tripsandtramps.com, happy to assist!

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi from Te Anau to Rainbow Reach bridge?

Mellicon - Thanks again for your suggestions. I reached out to the DOC office and was told there are no taxis in Te Anau, but that I should reach out to a few of the area tour/transport operators. I contacted a few and Trips & Tramps got back to me almost immediately. They were super nice and accommodating and, for a small surcharge over the regular shuttle price, we will now be able to start on the Kepler Track when we want in order to give ourselves enough time to complete it and catch our plane to fly home!

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi from Te Anau to Rainbow Reach bridge?

Katiepai - Just saw your additional posting above. Glad we connected over email and that Trips & Tramps was able to help us out. Looking forward to seeing you soon!

8. Re: Taxi from Te Anau to Rainbow Reach bridge?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2013, 10:18
Get answers to your questions about Fiordland National Park