We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visiting Buriram Province

Which Buriram hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chumphon, Thailand
3 posts
Save Topic
Visiting Buriram Province

Hello, I am going to be visiting a place called, Ban Kuat in Buriram Province in June/July this year. I have not been able to find it on a map or the internet, is there such a place spelt in this manner?

From Dianne

Hell, Norway
Level Contributor
13,182 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visiting Buriram Province

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amphoe_Ban_Kruat

Its south of Buriram city. About halfway to Cambodian border, and also close to border of Surin Province.

Google for Ban Kruat.

Phuket, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,389 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visiting Buriram Province

a lot more results if you search with google.co.th

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Air Travel, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,374 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visiting Buriram Province

Hi,

Yes, there is.. As you'll discover, some of the problems with Thai language is that it doesn't always easily transliterate into an Roman English alphabet format.. You may find it listed as Ban Kruat. It's right on the Thai-Cambodia border.

Goole maps:

http://tinyurl.com/ylxuymw

Travel Safe,

Chumphon, Thailand
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Visiting Buriram Province

Thanks for you reply and the correct spelling of this town, I found it! Is it safe to travel over into Cambodia from Ban Kruat?

Chumphon, Thailand
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Visiting Buriram Province

Thanks for you reply and the correct spelling of this town, I found it! Is it safe to travel over into Cambodia from Ban Kruat?

Hell, Norway
Level Contributor
13,182 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Visiting Buriram Province

I think this may be the nearest legal crossing point (you need a Cambodia visa):

surin.go.th/web_eng/web_eng/border_market.htm

I can't say if its safe, some of the border areas are a bit 'wild west'.

Edited: 19 March 2010, 09:56
Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
1,826 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Visiting Buriram Province

Chong Chom is a little bit rough and ready, so to speak. It has been several years since I was there. Many farangs staying upcountry use it for a visa run on a regular basis without trouble though. My suggestion is go with somebody who speaks Thai or Khmer, if you do not. I would not expect a problem, but be prepared for the unexpected.

8. Re: Visiting Buriram Province

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 September 2010, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Buriram