We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Progreso Restaurants

Which Progreso hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Anahuac, Texas
13 posts
Save Topic
Progreso Restaurants

We will be in Progreso during the month of March. I heard about a great place to eat "off the beaten path". It is called El Toro. Does anyone know the address???

Merida, Mexico
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Progreso Restaurants

Yes. It's on 25th in between 60th and 62. Try Yum Ixpu, not the pretiest but deffinitelly the favorite among yucatecans. There is one on Malecon, right next to Buddys.

Level Contributor
2 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Progreso Restaurants

I was in Progreso last week and ate at a new restaurant called La Casa del Malecon. It was excellent and in a very nice setting...used to be a gorgeous private home facing the beach, near the eastern end of the malecon. Great seafood, with much nicer presentation than any other Progreso restaurant I have eaten at. They also have steaks, chicken, pizzas although they are not on the menu they hand out. And they serve breakfast, though I haven't tried it. They have a small swimming pool, lots of palm trees. Open every day but Tuesday.

boston,ma.
Level Contributor
533 posts
285 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Progreso Restaurants

We just ate at the La Casa De Malecon today. We went to Eladio's for drinks and free "snacks" and were very dissappointed. We ended up lounging way down the beach from the pier and I saw this beauutiful stand of palm trees with tables set up and a pool! I gathered up the clan and headed over to the restaurant. At first we weren;t sure we would stay as all the menu listed was fish and we didn;t understand what a lot of the entries were. But then the waitress and one of our party who spoke spanish sorted things out and we decided to try a few of the items. All 7 of us ended up having fantastic meals. They were incredibly patient and we left buzzing about the wonderful meals we had. It's a bit of a walk from the pier but worth it. And like the other reviewer said, they do have other items not on the menu and they will go out of their way to please you. If you are in Progresso, don't pass this place up!

Anahuac, Texas
13 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Progreso Restaurants

We ate there several times last feb. 2011. It is very good and makes you feel like you are in a beautiful resort. Going back Feb. 2012 for a month. Love that town!

5. Re: Progreso Restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 November 2013, 10:15
Get answers to your questions about Progreso