We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Free Wifi Access at Sofitel Motu or inland?

Which Vaitape hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
vancouver
Level Contributor
287 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Free Wifi Access at Sofitel Motu or inland?

Hi

Does the Sofitel Motu have free wifi internet access, is there anywhere that does i.e. cafe etc.?

Anybody also know if it has free snorkel gear available to borrow?

Thanks

San Luis Obispo
Level Contributor
3,501 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Free Wifi Access at Sofitel Motu or inland?

The word 'free' and FP don't go together, be prepared to lay out bucks for internet service either through the hotel or internet provider service. The going rate is somewhere between $15 - $20 USD per hour.

Bellevue, Washington
Level Contributor
138 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Free Wifi Access at Sofitel Motu or inland?

Yep, no free Internet at the paradise! Good thing is that there is so much more to do there than spending long hours online. As Sofitel Motu is concerned, there is no Wi-Fi Internet at the bungalows (but given the secluded location this may not be so bad), but you can use it at the reception area or across the lagoon at Sofitel Marara...again, I think only at the reception). If the system is the same as in Moorea you have to buy a prepaid card (which you can put to your room charges) from the reception or use an external wireless ISP provider (not sure that there is any coverage on the motu though).

But perhaps the good news is that you will have no problem borrowing snorkelling gear there (I think you are to get those at the small life-guard building near the pier) and it's free. Yes, "free" :), unless you loose it or smth (than you will pay much more that it would cost to buy a new set in USA). You can also use kayaks for free and I really recommend not skipping on this (the coral guarden is not far from there).

Bora Bora, French...
Level Contributor
967 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Free Wifi Access at Sofitel Motu or inland?

NO charge for sunshine and magnificent lagoon colors

At the pâtisserie Aloe café in Vaitape (across from church) you can internet for around 1000 cfp/hr

Sofitel charges 850 cfp/hr but when you disconnect beforehand it is gone...!

Bora Bora
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Free Wifi Access at Sofitel Motu or inland?

hi

Bora Bora
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Free Wifi Access at Sofitel Motu or inland?

hi

Mesa, Arizona
Destination Expert
for French Polynesia
Level Contributor
3,779 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Free Wifi Access at Sofitel Motu or inland?

On Moorea, most of the island now has WiFi coverage available through Wifi Tiki, and you can buy a prepaid card with a password for 900 cpf for one hour, cheaper per hour for longer periods (2500 cpf for 3 hours, etc.). The remaining minutes are preserved on the password when you sign off.

For more information on "hot spots" island coverage, and where you can buy a card, check out this site:

http://www.wifitiki.com/html/zones.php

vancouver
Level Contributor
287 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Free Wifi Access at Sofitel Motu or inland?

Thanks.

I presume it'll be a similar situation for the Pearl on Moorea? No free wireless anywhere.

Rio Rancho, New...
Level Contributor
442 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Free Wifi Access at Sofitel Motu or inland?

The only time Im on the web while in Tahiti is to check into flights from LAX to wherever I need to go. Then I just use the hotels computers since they have printers for boarding passes. Besides, I spend more time in the water and my laptop is not "lagoon-friendly". On Moorea and Tahiti, there are internet cafes but like the other posters said, nothings free there. Even local phone calls. Enjoy your trip.

9. Re: Free Wifi Access at Sofitel Motu or inland?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 April 2010, 05:16