We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rocco Nettuno Garden - formally Garden Resort

Staffordshire
Level Contributor
144 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Rocco Nettuno Garden - formally Garden Resort

Hi

Am off to Calabria for the first time in August and will be staying at the Rocco Nettuno Garden but am now starting to panic that there seems to be hardly anyo0ne out there who actually enjoyed their stay there. PLEASE if anyone has any feedback that might give me hope before i try and transfer to their sister hotel, please leave a reply!!!!!

Giotelli

Mentioned in this post
Rocco
Rocco
48 Reviews
Rome, Italy
Nettuno
Nettuno
Province of Rome, Italy
1. Re: Rocco Nettuno Garden - formally Garden Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 20 June 2011, 21:35
Edited: 20 June 2011, 21:35
South Wales
Level Contributor
22 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rocco Nettuno Garden - formally Garden Resort

Don't panic! We stayed there the end of May and do have to agree with most comments. However!! The place itself is lovely, the gardens are well maintained and the accommodation well spread out over the site. The pools are the nicest I've ever seen and I've been to quite a few! The larger pool where the entertainment takes place (you will get sick of listening to the song and dance "chocolato") is huge, very safe for children with a large beached entry area with rocks for them to play on. The food in the main restaurant was fine, would get a bit boring after a week. The hot foods could be rather overcooked, don't have fish. The selection of cold meals was good, the red wine is to be avoided, very bad considering you are in Italy. White wine was fine and choice of German beer (90% German guests) and Azzuro italian beer. Going in August you won't have the problems of chillier or wet evenings (hopefully!) so having drinks outside should be great. Don't bother with paying a supplement to eat in the Dolce Vita, the food was awful, the basic all inclusive food was better. The rooms were clean and quiet with small balconies overlooking the gardens. Reception staff aren't the most helpful (apart from one or two) but you shouldn't need to see them that much! Try and get a trip to Pizzo, nice to have a Tartufo icecream (you certainly won't get Italian icecream in the hotel!) in the square and the little castle is worth a look round. So, you should enjoy the holiday, the resort has a nice atmosphere, the beach restaurant does a nice pizza and salads and is open for food longer in the day than the hotel restaurants. I don't think I would change to the sister hotel, we went past it on the way to Tropea and looks quite a way to to beach. Anything else you want to know, post me again!

Edited: 01 July 2011, 14:07
Mentioned in this post
Italy
Italy
Europe
Pizzo
Pizzo
Province of Vibo Valentia, Italy
Tropea
Tropea
1,947 Reviews
Tropea, Italy
Staffordshire
Level Contributor
144 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rocco Nettuno Garden - formally Garden Resort

Hi thanks soooooooo much for the info, I was wondering if you thought it was worth hiring a car and to get out and about.

Were there any trips you could go on down in Pizzo (eg boat trips to little islands etc)

What is the beach like that the resort is attached to? someone said it was very dirty? (hope not)

Any other tips of things to take out there with me? or ways to make the trip more enjoyable?

Giovanna

Mentioned in this post
Pizzo
Pizzo
South Wales
Level Contributor
22 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rocco Nettuno Garden - formally Garden Resort

Hi Giovanna,

We hired a car from UK through Travel Supermarket and got quite a good deal. The transfer from the airport with Citalia seemed to be quite expensive and we don't like that trapped feeling! Public transport is not good in that area and you do have some independence. Also being in the hotel really is not like being in Italy and you don't get any regional feeling of Calabria. We went to Tropea, about 1hr away which was worth a visit, also went on the beach there which at least had coarse sand. Quite spectacular scenery on the drive there, we would have explored further inland but had a car resistant 7 year old with us!

The beach at the hotel is quite gravelly, there was a problem after a few days with a few patches of oil being washed up. The hotel did put up a warning notice and the lifeguards were equipped with solvent! Apart from that it was fine, not good for children though, can't build sandcastles and it shelves fairly sharply into the sea. I don't know about boat trips from Pizzo, there were trips to Sicily from Tropea, spoke to a fellow guest who had been on one and thoroughly recommended it. Reception should help on this one. Can't think of anything specific you should take with you.

Hope this is useful and that you have a good holiday, interested to hear your experience!

Mentioned in this post
Italy
Italy
Europe
Tropea
Tropea
1,947 Reviews
Tropea, Italy
Pizzo
Pizzo
5. Re: Rocco Nettuno Garden - formally Garden Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 May 2013, 10:27
Get answers to your questions about Pizzo