We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Road trip from Toronto to Tobermory

Toronto, Ontario
Level Contributor
73 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Road trip from Toronto to Tobermory

Hello,

We are planning a road trip to Tobermory, would like to sightseeing on the way there since we need to break down the 4 hours drive. Any good suggestions? I saw some very nice hiking pictures posted before and what else we can do? We are travalling with 2 kids. Many thanks!

2kidsmom

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,154 posts
768 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Road trip from Toronto to Tobermory

There is a bit of history in Owen Sound and a nice little downtown to check out.....I stopped there on my Tobermory trip to break things up....

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
74,784 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Road trip from Toronto to Tobermory

Hi csscyl;

North of Orangeville at the intersection of hwys. 10 & 89, in Primrose Ontario, there is a burger place with an old TTC streetcar - Super Burger.

transit.toronto.on.ca/streetcar/4006.shtml

Your kids might enjoy having their lunch in it.

Best Regards

Canterbury, United...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Road trip from Toronto to Tobermory

I agree , we have been stopping off here for many years on our way up to Tobermory .

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Algonquin Provincial Park
Level Contributor
4,074 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Road trip from Toronto to Tobermory

14Chris53 , the question was from two years ago.

toronto
Level Contributor
184 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Road trip from Toronto to Tobermory

two years or not, i found it very interesting. Im stopping next week. thanks.

9 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Road trip from Toronto to Tobermory

Where did you guys end up booking ? We are planning to go in aug but can't find any available space for campsite/hotel?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,154 posts
768 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Road trip from Toronto to Tobermory

You may have to contact places daily and hope for a cancellation at this point....

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Algonquin Provincial Park
Level Contributor
4,074 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Road trip from Toronto to Tobermory

kRaZy_Sl, if you want help from the forums, please post your question as a new thread rather than tack it onto an old one. The two are entirely unrelated -- this thread was about places to make sightseeing stops on the way to Tobermory, and you're looking for accommodations in Tobermory that might have last-minute accommodations. Threads get confused when they contain multiple conversations, and the people who participated in this thread 2 years ago may not want the email notifications.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Road trip from Toronto to Tobermory

We just went last week. The road is very easy to drive and lot of view. My kid enjoyed the straiht 4 hours.

But, you might need to stop by Tim or esso.

Because, on the way not much restaurant or on the run cafe.

Only we saw 2 Tim and one subway place.

Stop by singing beach just before Tobermory.

Beautiful and kids enjoyed to swim there.

There is change room and washroom.

Not much shade, we need beach umbrella.

Must stop by pizza place..it is inside Adventure Inn ...

22 dollars Tobermory spice chichen pizza..it is awesome.. better then harbourside restaurant..

PIZZA TO GO.

10. Re: Road trip from Toronto to Tobermory

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 November 2015, 20:15
Get answers to your questions about Tobermory