We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

rainy day ideas for tobermory

Toronto
Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Topic
rainy day ideas for tobermory

We booked the next three days camping in Tobermory and the weather forecast is calling for rain all three days. Our main goal of the trip was hiking....anyone have any ideas?

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Algonquin Provincial Park
Level Contributor
4,100 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: rainy day ideas for tobermory

How bout hiking in a rainsuit? Seriously. The trails will be quieter and most of it doesn't get too muddy due to the rockiness. Just be careful on the cliff edges if the wind whips up.

Other than that the national park has a nice visitors centre with some exhibits about the area's natural and cultural history, downtown Tobermory has cute shops and a million fish and chips places frying up local whitefish, and you could take a glass-bottomed boat tour to see the shipwrecks and stay on the covered lower deck.

I wouldn't bother trying to plan a whole 3 days of indoor activities though. The AccuWeather forecast for Tobermory right now is calling for 3 hours of rain on Wednesday and 1 hour each on Thursday and Friday. Just do what you want to do and be prepared for the possibility of getting a little wet.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,174 posts
778 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: rainy day ideas for tobermory

Try and visit Lion's Head....a nice little town with some cute shops to take a look at...

Toronto
Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: rainy day ideas for tobermory

Thanks everyone..got the rainsuits all ready to go...I couldn't agree more. Were just pulling up to the dock now....ttfn

Toronto
Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: rainy day ideas for tobermory

Thanks everyone..got the rainsuits all ready to go...I couldn't agree more. Were just pulling up to the dock now....ttfn

Chicago's North...
Destination Expert
for Illinois, Chicago
Level Contributor
7,360 posts
301 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: rainy day ideas for tobermory

i don't think it rained much....mostly fog and misty....

6. Re: rainy day ideas for tobermory

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2015, 10:15
Get answers to your questions about Tobermory