We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air Canada E190??

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
357 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Air Canada E190??

Has anyone flown with Air Canada on their E190 aircraft? How was the flight? I'm a very nervous flyer and take meds for the anxiety....I have seen photos of the aircraft and it's considerably smaller than the A320 and B757's we have taken in the past. Wanted to know if the flight on E190 was smooth or bumpy?

Pappajoe!

ontario
Level Contributor
478 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Air Canada E190??

I haven't flown it to Cuba, however did fly on it to Newfoundland. It is a very quiet air craft, and we had a very smooth ride. It is also faster than the others. New with seat back tvs.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
5,120 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Air Canada E190??

Flew Air Canada's Embraer E190 from Toronto to Havana last Feb and it was a great flight. It's 4 abreast seating (2 on each side of the aisle) so you don't have to worry about the middle person. Very comfortable and good legroon even for me (I'm 6'6")

Seat back TV's with movies and good sound. Overall great flight.

As to whether the flight is smooth or bumpy, 95% of that is totally dependent upon the weather and jetstream. Can't predict nor control that. But our flight was smooth enough.

So relax and have a great flight.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
357 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Air Canada E190??

Thanks Skittles1!

So far so good!!! :)

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
357 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Air Canada E190??

Thanks Steve YYZ!!!

I agree turbulence is not controllable, but with larger aircraft you don't feel the bumps as much. When I saw the size of the E190 I started to worry about the possible bumpy flight. Oh well....I guess I'll have to take 3 pills before takeoff!!!

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,141 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Air Canada E190??

Or have a few strong drinks at the airport, so by the time you are up in the air, you will pass out and wake up in Cuba. Its an alternative to sleeping pills :)

Kootenays, British...
Level Contributor
405 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Air Canada E190??

Turbulence in the air is much like bumps on a road. A smaller plane feels them more just like a sports car will react more to them than a bus. Just picture yourself on a bumpy back road and you'll get there fine.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
357 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Air Canada E190??

Here's to hoping it's a smooth ride!!! Cheers!!!!

8. Re: Air Canada E190??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2009, 11:18