We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Barcelo Cayo Santa Maria

hamilton, ontario
Level Contributor
77 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Barcelo Cayo Santa Maria

Hi Cuba Travellers,

just back from 2 weeks at the Barcelo, will right a long update later today - hopefully ith pictures. Anyone who wants to go _ DO NOT HASITATE.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,835 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Barcelo Cayo Santa Maria

Thanks! Looking forward to reading your review! I'm going in 12 days! Can't wait.

I heard something about a 3rd restaurant opening up at the Barcelo last week I believe. Did you eat there? what are your thoughts?

hamilton, ontario
Level Contributor
77 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Barcelo Cayo Santa Maria

Nadma, don't have your e-mail any more - want to sent you some pics - don't know how to do that on this forum.

Burlington, Ont.
8 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Barcelo Cayo Santa Maria

I am also interested in any comments you have about the resort as we are booked there the first week of March.

Thanks!

Toronto
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Barcelo Cayo Santa Maria

My husband and I are booked at the Barcelo for April 17. I just received a call from my travel agent advising me that there is no Gym, Spa or Jazz Club available until further notice. Which is a pretty small thing to us. We are looking for to relaxation in the sun and doing nothing but relaxing. So it doesn't bother us that those options are not available.

Just remember that this part of cuba is not for the type of traveller that is looking for partying night club scenes. It is low key and calm fun!!! If you are looking for that sort of Vacay, then Varadero or Mexico is for you. Enjoy!!! :)

ottawa
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Barcelo Cayo Santa Maria

My cousin and I are going to Barcelo on March 1st out of Ottawa just wondering which block of rooms are the best to be in??

pelham
Level Contributor
6 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Barcelo Cayo Santa Maria

gpopko@cogeco.ca

fenwick, ontario

feb.25/09

going on sunday march 01/09 is there anything i should know it looks great. is there snorkling close at hand or do you have to book a trip or hire a boat.

jan

Hamilton, ON
8 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Barcelo Cayo Santa Maria

Hi,

I just came back from BSM. It is fabulous....Amazing... For the snorkeling, you can take a side trip costing $100 per person included 2 dives and lunch. It is very nice. The only thing is that you have to make sure that the weather is nice and not too windy. We could not go down in the afternoon due to waves. You can bring your own equipment and go down the beach (to the right) past the rocks...but need your own equipment espacially floating vest.

Also bring an insullated mug ...very handy

Have a great time.

Hamilton, ON
8 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Barcelo Cayo Santa Maria

Hi leewee,

We were in block 10 with ocean view. Best location. It is close to the beach..close to pool, close to buffet and lobby and the theater. Very quiet. Blocks 1, 2, 3 are the furthest.

Ontario
Level Contributor
313 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Barcelo Cayo Santa Maria

Villas #'s 10 or 9 are close to everything with nice ocean views.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,141 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Barcelo Cayo Santa Maria

And if you are with Air Transat Vacations, you get placed in blocks 5,6 or 7. 7 is the furthest away, so opt for 5 or 6.