We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best A La Carte @ Barcelo

Brampton
Level Contributor
970 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Best A La Carte @ Barcelo

Can anyone tell me what they beleive to the the BEST A LA CARTE at the Barcelo?

Montreal
Level Contributor
800 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best A La Carte @ Barcelo

I personally loved the seafood and went twice and had langouste on both times. The Italian was so-so but my partner loved the risotto. I loved the Spanish, the filet mignon was very tender and tasty but wished we had ordered the paella which looked VERY good!

By the way, they have langouste at the Spanish restaurant but it's not on the menu for some reason. You just need to ask the waiter.

montreal
Level Contributor
306 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best A La Carte @ Barcelo

Spanish ALL THE WAY!

Best food, service, cutlery and ambiance

toronto
Level Contributor
60 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Best A La Carte @ Barcelo

We really liked Spanish and Seafood.

winnipeg
Level Contributor
109 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best A La Carte @ Barcelo

How many a la carte restaurants are there at Barcelo and can you make your reservations in advance? Did anyone attend the initial meeting the first day you are there to explain the resort? Is it worth it?

Edited: 20 February 2010, 13:30
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
58 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best A La Carte @ Barcelo

I went to the Italian and the Spanish, both were excellent, although my favourite was the italian, the beef was wonderful !!! (ask for well done as it came like medium, a tip i picked up from this forum) and they had a spanish guitar group going round tables when we were there.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
58 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best A La Carte @ Barcelo

the lineups on your first day to book a la carte are insane !!!! we lined up for 1 1/2 hours, in the end people were cheering every time someone got their booking and they booked the next person, either go back in the afternoon or a good tip is to go to the customer service girl in the lobby (in the corner desk) and book through her as there is little or no line up, no one knew this, a kind lady told us about this trick and we had our booking done in 10 minutes !

Brampton
Level Contributor
970 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best A La Carte @ Barcelo

OMG why does it take so long to book?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
58 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best A La Carte @ Barcelo

we asked exactly the same question, it was such a slow process, the people who do the bookings arn't the fastest people in the world i guess its just their manner not to rush, get a drink when you are in line from the bar, you will need a few lol

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
58 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best A La Carte @ Barcelo

We did arrive the day before Valentines day so maybe that was one of the factors for the big lineup too, but each time we passed in the morning there was always a lineup in the teatro with new arrivals booking their a la cartes.

Brampton
Level Contributor
970 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best A La Carte @ Barcelo

Well I don't mind waiting as long as I have a drink in hand :) however my package with Air Transat Prestige Class garuntees three a la cartes... I hope we will be able to book all three