We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather at Barcelo CSM

Hamilton, Ontario...
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Weather at Barcelo CSM

Hello!

My husband and I are coming to Barcelo on March 1 and I'm just wondering how the weather is down there this year? Looking for lots of hot sun!!

Michelle

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
58 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather at Barcelo CSM

just got back on friday and the weather was ok, we came back with a good tan so we were happy

we had 1 full day of cloud (valentines day) and 1 rainy morning , most mornings started off cloudy but around 11ish it started to clear and had sun the rest of the day, 1 day we had non stop sun from morning till night to witness a great sunset.

Consett, United...
Level Contributor
19,709 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather at Barcelo CSM

My friends on the Cayo are saying they are having such a cold winter, but the weather will turn soon.

Brampton
Level Contributor
970 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather at Barcelo CSM

Really? A cold winter? What has the temperatures been at?

I'm leaving March 29th. Hope the weather is nice and hot then :)

Consett, United...
Level Contributor
19,709 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather at Barcelo CSM

Last week they told me it was 7 c in their homes.

toronto
Level Contributor
153 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather at Barcelo CSM

we were at the melia in march of 08 and it was 25-30 degrees everyday.so not to woory should be ok by the end of march!!!!!!!!

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
107 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather at Barcelo CSM

We were there 6-13 Jan, 2010. Cool week by most traveller and local standards but we got a few days in on the beach and tanned. 20-23 C and mostly sunny. Wind can be a problem but on those days, we hid behind the bushes! 2 days were classic calm and sunny...

Sunday the 10th was very cool, winding and rainy( 13C hgh!) it was cute to see all the Cubans freaking out! We were still in shorts!

Heading back on 17 March...still can't beat the prices!

Greg

Calgary

Consett, United...
Level Contributor
19,709 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather at Barcelo CSM

That's it, we have been experiencing -17 to -25 here, and that is not windchill.

For me, 7 c would be fantastic now, shorts and vest weather for me at this time.

Brampton
Level Contributor
970 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Weather at Barcelo CSM

Does anyone know how long this cold spell usually last 's for? Or how long it has been kicking around?

Consett, United...
Level Contributor
19,709 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Weather at Barcelo CSM

It is like winter all round the world, it is being awkward every where.

It should be getting warmer there soon. Fingers crossed , well at least by May when I return.

Vancouver Island...
Level Contributor
1,681 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Weather at Barcelo CSM

Do people not turn there T.V on, listen to the radio, have the internet or even have a general conversation about the weather with family or friends? The El nino that was predicted by every weather forecast in the world last fall and this winter and this month and this week and this day, is one of the strongest and isn't weaking yet. We have had the warmest Jan ever on the west coast and Feb is about the same.Sunshine and highs of 15C for almost a week. Whistler has had 1112cm(438 inches) of snow since November. Mt. Washington has 16 feet on the ground! The most of any resort in the world! Look at the crazy weather in southern Europe. As predicted by every single weather forecast in the world last fall and all this winter,all this month, this week and today, is the same .The cooler weather in the Caribbean will continue until El nino weakens or goes away.

Get answers to your questions about Cayo Santa Maria