We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone going in June??? Barcelo Cayo Santa Maria

England
Level Contributor
112 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone going in June??? Barcelo Cayo Santa Maria

We must have had the longest wait to our holiday!!! After booking in January we had 21 weeks to go.....

NOW we only have 11!!! Nearly half way there, YYYEEEAAAHHH

We fly from Manchester (England) on Friday 4th June for 2 weeks. I am 27 and my boyfriend is 36!!!

Any other English speaking couples going around this time????

Or any other England football fans that would like to meet up when the world cup games are on the tele at the hotel?? I have checked with the hotel and they are showing all the England games and plenty of the others also!!!!!!

Cheers Rebecca

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
72 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone going in June??? Barcelo Cayo Santa Maria

Hi ya, oh such a shame, we fly out for our honeymoon June 18th and my hubby to be is footy mad - would have loved to meet up with beer in hand. I was going to email hotel re showing world cup, so pleased to hear that they are showing the games. I'm also counting down the weeks.

if anyone going 18th june and also footy mad, would love to hear from you!

have brill time Rebecca, have you been before?

England
Level Contributor
112 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone going in June??? Barcelo Cayo Santa Maria

Hey

Thank you for your reply! Such a shame we'll miss each other. When I'm all sad at the airport going home, you'll be getting off the plane before we board!!!

I emailed the hotel to ask about the footie before we booked, as you can imagine this was a major thing we had to find out before we booked to go in June LOL..... and although it took a few days, they did email back saying they were going to show the games, much to my boyfriends delight!!!

We have been to cayo santa maria before and stayed at the Sol!!!! We have been to Mexico and Dom Rep since then, but they never came any where close to our holiday at SCSM, so have re-booked to go back this year. The Cubans are so lovely and work so hard and also there was some sort of 'spark' on this island that we didn't feel in Mexico/don rep. Hard to explain really, but you'll love it.

Good luck on the wedding and i know you'll have a fab honeymoon here!!!!

Rebecca

Newton-Le-Willows...
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone going in June??? Barcelo Cayo Santa Maria

On same flight but staying at melia las dunas. Must have booked about the same time,our count down started at 146 days. Party of seven, two couples in your age group and three old farts. DAVVA.

Vancouver Island...
Level Contributor
1,681 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone going in June??? Barcelo Cayo Santa Maria

Be carefull. Bring the biggest hat or sombrero you can find and lots of sunscreen. I went in June once not knowing any better as a 'travel rookie' and it was unbearable.NEVER AGAIN! Highs near 38C for 13 days, and you could not walk barefoot on the sand or resort area. Finding shade was not an option. You could not take a bus tour without feeling like you were in an oven even with the AC cranked. Bring a large towel while eating in the evening to wipe your sweat. Taking a shower in your hotel was a waste of time. Don't get me wrong, you will have a great time but just be prepared . Pre-tan before you go and bring comfortable shoes and sandles.(I always bring small band-aides for blisters on your toe. They can be a life saver when waking lots)

Mind you our weather on the westcoast of Canada only gets in the high 30's for 2 or 3 months of the year.( You guys must have hotter weather than us and are used to it. ) Like I say enjoy, but come prepared for high temps and lots of beautiful sunshine.

lincoln
Level Contributor
20 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anyone going in June??? Barcelo Cayo Santa Maria

we are going to melia cayo santa maria....im guessing its just down the beach from you. im going with my gf aged 20 soo. we fly from manchester 4th june aswell at something like 10 i think so you could well be on our flight lol.

i play football myself soo yeh will have to meet up for a game or 2.

Consett, United...
Level Contributor
19,494 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anyone going in June??? Barcelo Cayo Santa Maria

Just a bit of information.

If someone says they are going to Cayo Santa Maria, on the 4th June, or what ever date they will be on your flight.

One flight a fortnight, from Manchester.

One flight a fortnight , one in one out, only TC flights.

Toronto
Level Contributor
90 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Anyone going in June??? Barcelo Cayo Santa Maria

Hiya, I'm planning 2 weeks June 4th at the Barcelo, flying out of Toronto although I haven't booked yet since I'm waiting to find out how this jury summons pans out next month. There are A LOT of French people at this resort so it'll be really nice to meet some English speaking travellers.

liverpool
Level Contributor
67 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Anyone going in June??? Barcelo Cayo Santa Maria

Hi we fly on the 18th june from manchester we also booked before xmas so have had ages to wait but getting excited and on the count down

travelling with my partner who is football mad.

look forward to seeing you there.

alberta
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Anyone going in June??? Barcelo Cayo Santa Maria

does anyone know how wide/long the in room safes are at this hotel? my gf is going tomorrow morning and would like to take her netbook with her (smaller version of a laptop) thank you

Consett, United...
Level Contributor
19,494 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Anyone going in June??? Barcelo Cayo Santa Maria

All depends what size netbook.

Mine does not and it is a 9 inch but hubbies at 7 inch does.

It is not the size of the safe it is the opening.