We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seating at the buffet restaurant at MLD

wigan
Level Contributor
42 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Seating at the buffet restaurant at MLD

Hi everyone,

Recently, there's been a couple of reviews with people complaining that when going in groups to the Melia Las Dunas they couldn't sit together in the buffet restaurant. Just wondering if anyone else experienced this/heard about this happening. There will be 7 of us going in July. We're not the type of people to drag tables and chairs half way across the restaurant or make a fuss but it would be nice if we could sit at two tables next to each other.

Iglesia San Juan Bautista de Remedios
Sacred & Religious Sites, Historic Sites, Scenic Walking Areas, Points of Interest & Landmarks, Churches & Cathedrals
Consett, United...
Level Contributor
20,913 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Seating at the buffet restaurant at MLD

I have read those reviews and cant believe what they are saying, although I don't say the are fibbing.

I ave been to this hotel many many times.

In all my visits there I have seen tables from 2 seats to tables pulled together for over 30.

Just ask politely, they will pull them together and do so with a smile.

Failing tat you will always find tables at the same station and next to each other.

Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
3,636 posts
354 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Seating at the buffet restaurant at MLD

A friendly word with the head waiter, and a couple of CUC's and I bet you will see results.

The area is massive, and on a 'lobster night' it can be very busy , and difficult if you are in a biggish group.

You will be there for two weeks and I think you will quickly learn the 'system' lol

We will be there on 2nd July !!!

staffs
Level Contributor
5 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Seating at the buffet restaurant at MLD

I too have read those reviews, which prompted me to emailing the hotel, the response was indeed table for four people , only the ala carte restaurants though. We are a family of six and don't want to sit seperately, I suppose we have to just smile nicely when we are there and see if they will accomodate our request.

We were there two years ago, but as a family of four, the buffets definitely had large groups sitting together.

We are travelling on 16th July

port perry
Level Contributor
34 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Seating at the buffet restaurant at MLD

Hi, I was at mld in March and Our group was about 10 sitting together. There are some tables put together in the corners or they gladly do it for you. Have fun at this great resort.

wigan
Level Contributor
42 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Seating at the buffet restaurant at MLD

Thanks for your responses :) I did think that we would be alright - like I said we are all friendly, polite people who treat staff with respect so I'm sure they won't mind us moving a couple of chairs :) Can't wait to go now - less than 6 weeks!

6. Re: Seating at the buffet restaurant at MLD

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2010, 05:17