We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recent negative review of the Melia Las Dunas

Near Liverpool...
Level Contributor
1,711 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Recent negative review of the Melia Las Dunas

Hi:

There was a review recently posted from someone in Chester. This is why I have delayed posting my review because we noticed a family stairing trouble and the rep was rather upset that some people were impossible to impress.

Don't worry, I will be putting my review up ASAP to adress these points, and all I can say to anyone reading this, is that I will be booking my third visit to the MLD very soon! So it can't be that bad at all!

If anyone has any questions, please don't hesitate to ask me. I was expecting this review nased on what our fellow travellers have said.

Consett, United...
Level Contributor
20,647 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recent negative review of the Melia Las Dunas

Lets wait and see what the management reply is.

I am impressed that a dead person wrote a review.

After all they starved to death. Impressed. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wigan
Level Contributor
42 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Recent negative review of the Melia Las Dunas

I will also be posting my review soon of this excellent hotel. Very disappointing to see these reviews. I also can't believe these people were staying the same time as us. All 7 of my party had a brill time and we all wish we were still there! :(

Darjeeling, India
Level Contributor
402 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Recent negative review of the Melia Las Dunas

Dramaqueen,

Teacher - Spelling!!!

100 lines - I must spell check, I must spell check, I must spell check.

Near Liverpool...
Level Contributor
1,711 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Recent negative review of the Melia Las Dunas

Thank you for pointing that out. They were typing errors.

staring, based and address.

Now, back on topic if you don't mind.

Consett, United...
Level Contributor
20,647 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Recent negative review of the Melia Las Dunas

I am looking forward to reading your reviews, and wud85s.

Just heads up when you have both done one please.

Near Liverpool...
Level Contributor
1,711 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Recent negative review of the Melia Las Dunas

I can speak for Wud85 that she and her family had a great time because they went with a smile and an open mind, and their wedding pics are beautiful!

Review submitted.

Montreal, Canada
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Recent negative review of the Melia Las Dunas

To quote the review from Chester:

"To all of those who have given such positive reviews, all I can say is they must have had some pretty rotten holidays in the past to think this was good."

Say what???? I'm shocked at this absurd statement. I've had very luxurious holidays in my past but it's not about that. It's so much more than that. And you're in a tropical country so why am i hearing complaints that the only places with A/C were in the rooms and the a la cartes? HELLOOO..You're in Cuba. Enjoy that heat, sit back and relax with some rhum and enjoy that tropical evening. I dont get it. Duhh it's hot. It's CUBA! And the food at the buffet? people getting sick? I met so many people and not one person got sick in two weeks. I admit that you have to be careful with what you pick to eat so if you see a creamy sauce sitting in the heat with flies flying all over it and you eat that, then you're asking for it. But there's so many things to choose from. We had shrimps cleaned and fried in front of us everday at lunch, fresh fish, lobsters, etc. If you're expecting gourmet meals then don't go to Cuba, go to Hawaii or wherever, pay a fortune and dont give this hotel a bad name for nothing.

I found this hotel very clean. If the washrooms smelled, maybe it was right after the busiest times in the evening when the maids haven't caught up with cleaning after all the tourists. The maids work super hard in that heat, show some respect. I always tipped my maid maybe that's why my room was always spotless. Of course tips aren't mandatory but show some respect and appreciation for the person cleaning up after you. Every tip I gave was so well deserved, it was always my pleasure to do so. This is the first resort where the smile and service came before the tip. And I always try to think of that old man who is lifting heavy equipment in the heat, what if that were my father? Or I'm pulling a sweat just sitting at the bar enjoying my drink and relaxing but take a look at the bartender and now imagine you had to run around making drinks for hours on end for all those tourists who are staring at you, waiting for you to serve them. They so deserve a tip, especially when they still manage to serve you with a smile. I know im going off topic but it just kills me that people complain for the dumbest things. Learn to chill and enjoy your surroundings. PEACE!

Near Liverpool...
Level Contributor
1,711 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Recent negative review of the Melia Las Dunas

You're not off topic at all perfecttan, you said exactly what I was thinking.

My review has been submitted. I'll defend this hotel for as long as people find pathetic things to ruin their holiday.

Thank you :)

Montreal, Canada
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Recent negative review of the Melia Las Dunas

Thank you dramaqueen86

I think we were there the same time actually. July 30-Aug 13th. For my first stay at this hotel, I am already very defensive of it.

Near Liverpool...
Level Contributor
1,711 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Recent negative review of the Melia Las Dunas

Hi perfecttan.

Yes, we were there at the same time. So glad you enjoyed yourselves x