We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel Mug

To
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Topic
Travel Mug

Hello

Are there a lot of people at the resorts using the travel mugs? I remember reading about bubba mug.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
5,614 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel Mug

I have also seen lots of posts about the mugs....have been 4 times and never seen one. Not so class imho.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
3,235 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel Mug

I can certainly understand why some prefer to use them instead of those silly little plastic cups but I certainly cannot understand when applying the freshness factor to what is called a bubba mug......unless you are passin' it around....or even if you are, what lingers near the bottom must be nasty for the taste buds.

Sault Ste. Marie...
Destination Expert
for Cuba
Level Contributor
2,689 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel Mug

I haven't seen many of the huge Bubbas, but lots of normal sized reusable ones. I use one & it's great. Less trips to the bar, colder longer, no sand gets in, and no waste :)

S
Destination Expert
for Cayo Guillermo
Level Contributor
7,457 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel Mug

Agua con hielo, lasts for hours, with proper shade positioning! lol

Just bought another one (only big enough for one beer and clam. waste not)

I've seen how some bartenders wash the glasses at some resort beach bars.

Kitchener, Canada
Level Contributor
1,591 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel Mug

My husband and I have stainless mugs that fit 16oz. We just like them becuase it keeps the ice from melting, and less trips to the bar (which can be a distance from the beach, depending on where you go.)

We always see people with those HUGE bubba kegs. At our last resort, it was some fellow canadians, and they were quite loud, smoking and putting butts in the pool, and quite rude to the staff/guests...which has given me a bad association involving the people who use the big bubba kegs (I know they're not all like that - but most of them that we have seen personally are! :)

To each his own though - as long as you're enjoying your vacation, and letting others enjoy theirs as well! I'm not sure I could drink that much at once though! :)

Port Colborne...
Level Contributor
3,603 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travel Mug

Cubafan you can say no class but i can stay less garbage and since Cuba does not have a reclycling program I can say i have some class for the enviroment. I don't have one of those hunken huge one but I do have a 20 ounce on, which fits a beer in it quite nicely.

You ever been scuba diving and see just how many of those tiny little plastic glass that are in the ocean that the fish now call home....

Have you seen how unsanitary the bartender rewash glasses at some resorts. Yikes !!!!

Don't even get me started on real glass on the beaches.. sorry i live on Lake Erie and have wonderful beach and glass on the beach drives me out of this world.

You may think it is not class to have a resonable size reuseable mug, but i will help leave Cuba or where ever I travel with less garbage. I will leave it a better place for the next generation.

Ok off my high horse and i do agree those 52 ouncers are a little over the top.

Alberta
Level Contributor
4,543 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Travel Mug

We love our stainless steel mugs. We tend to travel during low season so if the hotel is large and we know that the beach bar is shut down, then we will bring our Bubba mug.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
5,614 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Travel Mug

small world...I was just poking fun at trailer trash that come with the largest "bubba keg" they can find....I'm picturing a mug the size of a pineapple.. Nah...I agree its brilliant to bring a decent sized insulated jar. Yes good point about eco friendly.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
659 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Travel Mug

Like many other posters, we go for sensibly-sized stainless steel travel mugs. You can't lose. They are environmrntally friendly, keep your drinks cold and avoid spills.

In my opinion, their use should be restricted to the pool and beach!

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
19,555 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Travel Mug

"... their use should be restricted to the pool and beach!..."

====================

... and any Cuban street party where the peso beer tanker is parked... ;-)

(You have to supply your own container at the beer tap!)

Cheers,

Terry