We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lobby Bar at the Melia Cayo Santa Maria

Cambridge
Level Contributor
47 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Lobby Bar at the Melia Cayo Santa Maria

Just curious to know if the lobby bar has live music at night...we have stayed at several different resorts and always seem to meet the most interesting people. We know that there is not much night life on site but the last time we stayed in Cayo Coco the live music was awesome!!

We are 40ish and heading to MCSM on Jan 27th...anyone heading there during that time..

Mentioned in this post
Cayo Coco
Cayo Coco
Jardines del Rey Archipelago, Cuba
Toronto
Level Contributor
1,101 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lobby Bar at the Melia Cayo Santa Maria

There is usually life music in the lobby bar in the evening ,starting around 6 or 7 pm. Some days there is an amazing saxofonist, other times a live band.They used to have a piano there and a lady would play it most nights,but last time I was there (Oct) the piano was moved to the buffet , and someone would play it there. The plan was to have the piano in the room behind the bar,where the disco used to be (and a piano bar before).

And don't forget the night show,which start around 9:45. Every night different theme.The dancers are the best group on the Cayos,and it's worth to go and see the show.

I can't wait to go back for my 6 th time ! Miss everybody .

Montreal (Québec)
Level Contributor
868 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lobby Bar at the Melia Cayo Santa Maria

I am considering booking this hotel for January 31st, are you going for a week or two? Should book in the next few days...

Chantal

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
46 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lobby Bar at the Melia Cayo Santa Maria

We were at MCSM January 10 - 17/2011 and the piano was back in the lobby bar. There was either a duo, trio or quartet playing nightly (sometimes they used the piano). On one of the cooler days, a trio plus a female vocalist performed in the afternoon as well. The buffet and other restaurants had strolling musicians.

Cambridge
Level Contributor
47 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lobby Bar at the Melia Cayo Santa Maria

Hi Chantal - we are booked for one week!! Really looking forward to it. Let us know if you book!

Tina and Corey

5. Re: Lobby Bar at the Melia Cayo Santa Maria

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 January 2012, 07:17