We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather beginning of february?

Montreal (Québec)
Level Contributor
855 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Weather beginning of february?

I am skeptic about the weather the first week of february. I have read on meteo sites it is between 18 and 26. But, I have read it is quite windy. Can you confirm if the Sol Cayo Santa Maria beach is windy and share your experiences this time of year?

I see no bad comments right now about the weather.

Thank you!

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
902 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather beginning of february?

I have been to Cayo Santa Maria in Nov, end Dec/beg Jan and April and each time there were days with high winds. That's sort of a given where it is located. As far as predicting the weather, you have a crystal ball? I have been lucky the three times I went weather wise, my last trip in November was probably the worse, a few overcast days and some rain but certainly not enough to disrupt the trip.

Montreal (Québec)
Level Contributor
855 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather beginning of february?

Well, I am certainly not expecting predictions but more a general idea if this is always windy or not. Did the wind prevent you from being on the beach in your beach wear?

Cambridge, Canada
Level Contributor
1,869 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather beginning of february?

I was at the MCSM beginning of April and the weather was beautiful. We had one overcast and cool day at the beginning of our trip but as soon as it passed it was gorgeous and hot all week and not that windy.

I have also been to Holguin and Varadero in February and have been lucky weatherwise both times.

Hope this helps

4. Re: Weather beginning of february?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 January 2012, 07:17
Get answers to your questions about Cayo Santa Maria