We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Brands of beer at MLD?? English TV??

Ottawa On
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Topic
Brands of beer at MLD?? English TV??

Hi: Would like to know the brands of beer that is available at the MLD. Also we enjoy watching late night TV before bed, can anyone advise the English channels that are availabe. Thanks for your time. Appreciated.

Iglesia San Juan Bautista de Remedios
Scenic Walking Areas, Churches & Cathedrals, Historic Sites, Sacred & Religious Sites, Points of Interest & Landmarks
Consett, United...
Level Contributor
21,228 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Brands of beer at MLD?? English TV??

There are a few English speaking channels , TNT, BBC America, CNN, and a few others.

The beer available are . IN the lobby it is draft Cristal and the beer garden there is bottles of Corona, Becks, Heineken, another one that at the min escapes me. They have Bucanero in cans or draft Cristal.

Gloucestershire, UK
Level Contributor
609 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Brands of beer at MLD?? English TV??

They do have sometimes have films etc. on which are in English with Spanish subtitles on some of the Spanish channels.

Consett, United...
Level Contributor
21,228 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Brands of beer at MLD?? English TV??

Oh yes forgot that.

There are plenty of English speaking programmes, on many channels, even the Chinese channel shows English programmes.

Just have to be watching the TV at the right time.

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
428 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Brands of beer at MLD?? English TV??

When I was there in December they had ESPN, CNN, BBC America, TBS, HBO, Nickelodeon and another one. There was also a channel that seemed to show what I'd call "World" programming. Meaning, sometimes there was shows in German, sometimes Spanish, sometimes Russian and sometimes English.

For late night TV, I found that Conan was about the only thing on aside from Sportscenter.

Ottawa On
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Brands of beer at MLD?? English TV??

Thanks for the info! I think we should be able to find something to watch before bed! Sounds like more stations than other areas in Cuba. Much appreciated.

6. Re: Brands of beer at MLD?? English TV??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 January 2012, 11:22