We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cubana airlines from Halifax - a few questions

Dartmouth, Canada
Level Contributor
312 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Cubana airlines from Halifax - a few questions

For anyone who's flown Cubana from Halifax (or has flown Cubana at all) I've got a few questions:

1. Were you served a meal on your flight? Our flight leaves Halifax at 2.50pm - my mom's diabetic and on a schedule of sorts when it comes to eating, so if they don't offer food, we want to be prepared in our carryon!

2. Drinks - pricey on the plane or not? And I assume they take both CDN and CUC?

3. On the return flight, around what time did the transfer to the airport leave the resort? The flight leaves at 8.50am, so I'm thinking it'll be super early - like 4am? (and if that's the case, this chick will be making a night of it and drinking till I have to get on the bus! My mom - not so much, she likes her sleep!)

4. I have heard that there are no jetways in Santa Clara airport, is this correct?

Thanks for all your help! Only 41 sleeps till I'm in paradise - can't wait!!!!!

~ martinigoddess

Mentioned in this post
Iglesia San Juan Bautista de Remedios
Sacred & Religious Sites, Historic Sites, Scenic Walking Areas, Points of Interest & Landmarks, Churches & Cathedrals
Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
902 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cubana airlines from Halifax - a few questions

4. You walk on and off the aircraft via stairs after walking across the tarmac

Pickering, Canada
Destination Expert
for Camaguey, Playa Santa Lucia
Level Contributor
5,949 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cubana airlines from Halifax - a few questions

always fly cubana/taca holasun out of toronto. we get extra luggage, don't think anyone else does. meal is quite good on the plane. we had wine/juice included as well as tea/coffee in price of flite. the seats are better than the other tour operators and have more leg room. hopefully someone else will have more info. you might be canjet rather than cubana? carol e. varadero has jetways. which resort? always spend 3 hrs. at the airport so add bus time and checkout time will be close to that.

Dartmouth, Canada
Level Contributor
312 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cubana airlines from Halifax - a few questions

Thanks so far for the replies!

cubacarol - I'm definitely flying Cubana, not Canjet. I'm staying at the Melia Las Dunas. Can't wait!!!!

Mentioned in this post
Melia Las Dunas
Melia Las Dunas
8,668 Reviews
Cuba
Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Cubana airlines from Halifax - a few questions

when do you leave???

I'm thinking of middle of May to go to Cuba and weary of Cubana cancelling flight as travel agent mentioned a possibility of this (Halifax to Holguin or Santa Clara)!....still in the air want to book but worried. Have you heard anything like this???

Mentioned in this post
Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
2,832 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cubana airlines from Halifax - a few questions

I'm diabetic and I flew with Cubana and will fly with them again anytime...the only thing I found is the food is quite sweet - breakfast was sweetened fruits in a vanilla pudding and brownies - and lunch was a sandwich and brownie. I don't eat sweets at all so I will now bring my own snacks. The coffee was fantastic but the juice was like koolaid.

The leg room is so worth it!

Moncton, Canada
13 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Cubana airlines from Halifax - a few questions

Hi, I am also flying Cubana air from halifax begining of may to go to cuba...our travel agent has mentionned no such thing and we are going to a wedding and there are 39 guest...so I hope not... I was wondering if anyone knew anything about seat selection...there is a 1-800 number on the holasun website and they say you call and select for a small fee...anyone know more...seating plan?...

Edited: 31 March 2011, 09:45
Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Cubana airlines from Halifax - a few questions

Manonrod,

Leaving from Halifax to Santa Clara next week on Cubana. Just spoke to Cubana air toll free #. You can pre-book seats 3 business days before the flight for $20/pp each way. Just call the 1-800 number and ask for reservations. You can also upgrade to Tropical Class(their version of 1st class) for $100/pp each way. However, this upgrade can only be done at the airport when you check in. The plane is an Airbus 320-33. There are 138 seats, 12 of which are Tropical Class.

Mentioned in this post
Moncton, Canada
13 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Cubana airlines from Halifax - a few questions

Millie 5: thanks...are flight actualy just got cancelled today....we were scheduled to leave Halifax may 3 for Santa Clara...now we are going to leave April 30....

Mentioned in this post
Dartmouth, Canada
Level Contributor
312 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cubana airlines from Halifax - a few questions

SandDollar - nope, haven't heard anything about that - I hope nothing happens!

Manonrod, are you on the May 3rd flight? If so, see ya at the gate! :)

~ martinigoddess

Dartmouth, Canada
Level Contributor
312 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cubana airlines from Halifax - a few questions

And apparently I should read further on - you got cancelled?! As in your flight is cancelled - or your booking got changed?