We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Melia los dunas and Barcelo Cayo Santa Maria Resort

Ottawa
Level Contributor
234 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Melia los dunas and Barcelo Cayo Santa Maria Resort

Can anyone tell me if you can walk from one resort to the other along the beach. If so how long would it take?

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
5,993 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Melia los dunas and Barcelo Cayo Santa Maria Resort

Hola

for me 20 to 30 min.....just depends how hot it is....

cheers

Consett, United...
Level Contributor
19,169 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Melia los dunas and Barcelo Cayo Santa Maria Resort

If you do the walk take fluids. It is hard going in places as the sand is very soft and can be hard going.

It is a nice walk, and yes 20 -30 mins if you are an easy going walker.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,835 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Melia los dunas and Barcelo Cayo Santa Maria Resort

I walk this stretch of beach regularly. Hotels are close together but Barcelo stretches out quite a bit so depending on which section of Barcelo you want to walk to, your walk could be double the distance/time.

I never have a problem with soft sand because i walk bare feet along the water so its always flat and tapped. Easy walk. Nothing like feeling the ocean waves wash over you feet while taking in the view. :-)

Gloucestershire, UK
Level Contributor
594 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Melia los dunas and Barcelo Cayo Santa Maria Resort

I walk it a lot too. It is a nice walk but sometimes if the tide is in there is a section you cannot get by (just by the construction) without being in the water. Other times the beach is wide enough to walk without any problems. The beach in this area changes day to day.

It takes about 15-20 mins. The sand down that end is not as soft as it is the other way towards the MBV so walking is not so bad. But you are best to do it either early or late in the day as in the middle it is very hot for walking.

Consett, United...
Level Contributor
19,169 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Melia los dunas and Barcelo Cayo Santa Maria Resort

Some parts of the beach if you walk in the sea it pays to be the child of a mountain sheep. One leg longer than the other is an advantage. lol.

Roll on 21 days for our next beach walk rosentim.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vancouver Island...
Level Contributor
1,660 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Melia los dunas and Barcelo Cayo Santa Maria Resort

I must be a slow walker. It takes me 28 minutes to walk from the outer edge of the MLD to the outer edge of the Barcelo Colonial and another 19 minutes to walk all of the Barcelo to the first group of rocks beside the BCSM All Suites Resort. Mind you, if it's close to 10am, I will pick up the pace so I'm never late for that first drink at the bar.

7. Re: Melia los dunas and Barcelo Cayo Santa Maria Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2012, 11:16