We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Barcelo hotel stay at one play at two

Ontario
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Topic
Barcelo hotel stay at one play at two

I've just booked our vacation and we got the stay at one play at two deal with an ocean room suit can anyone tell me something about this and I've read there is a town close by is it worth going to. were going for our 22 anniversary on oct 14 cant wait any advice on things and what rooms are the best ones I want a view where I can see the water thanks

sharon

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
11,368 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Barcelo hotel stay at one play at two

Not sure about your stay at one play at two. Suspect its different sections of the Barcelo. Its a large resort. I'm pretty sure that you wouldn't be able to access any of the other resorts on the island. As for the town you speak of theres the Pueblo and I've provided a link. The nearest town is Remedios and its across the causeway approx. 50 km away. There are NO towns on the Cayos.

royalhideawayensenachos.ca/SantaMariaPueblo.…

Cheers

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
99 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Barcelo hotel stay at one play at two

We just retruned from Barcelo Caribe and we had a wonderful time, aside from the below issue:

We too had booked oceanview but were very disapointed when we checked in our room and it wasn't ocean view. When we contacted the reception, their first response was that ocean view was subject to availability and then they said that the building is considered ocean view (even though our rooms were not).

3 other families on the same trip had the exact same issue.

We did not let it ruin our vacation and we had a great time regardless. We are trying to deal with it right now with Sunwing.

Just as a side note, if you are travelling Sunwing you will stay at Caribe (or Tropical if it is opened by then). You will not be able to stay (or have the option of staying) at Colonial or Beach (older sections).

I wish you and your husband a great anniversary and I'm sure you will enjoy it.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,627 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Barcelo hotel stay at one play at two

If you booked the air canada stay at one play at 2 it will be the beaches/colonial sections of the hotel. One side may be closed if hotel

is running at low capacity. Ask for a 3rd floor room to get a good ocean view.

Ontario
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Barcelo hotel stay at one play at two

I phoned my travel agent and yes we get the stay at one play at two I am booked with sun wing and right now i'm in the barcelo all suites I'm a bit confused with what area I will be staying at what is the best one to stay in the troplal or the carible I know one is newer then the other or does it matter I just want sun, drinks and good times thanks for all your help.

sharon

Sudbury, Ontario
Level Contributor
106 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Barcelo hotel stay at one play at two

Chizbum, looks like you will be staying in the Caribe section as the Tropical is not quite open as of yet. I always stay in the Beach/Colonial section but that is my preference as I have a friend at that resort. Regardless you will have a fantastic time.

Vancouver Island...
Level Contributor
1,682 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Barcelo hotel stay at one play at two

Make sure you get the play at 2 in writing as they might not let you play in the construction area (tropical)

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,627 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Barcelo hotel stay at one play at two

With Sunwing you will be in the Caribe section, tropical not open yet. Was there Sept 5 -12 building 33 is great, very central.

8. Re: Barcelo hotel stay at one play at two

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2012, 05:17