We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Melia Cayo Santa Maria - Booze

Ontario
Level Contributor
118 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Melia Cayo Santa Maria - Booze

Does anyone know if Canadian rye is available at the resort??

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,837 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Melia Cayo Santa Maria - Booze

They might have some but at a premium and you never know, when they run out, they run out. Better bring your own to be sure.

Consett, United...
Level Contributor
21,447 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Melia Cayo Santa Maria - Booze

No idea what that is, but they do have CC and in the package.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
305 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Melia Cayo Santa Maria - Booze

As stated above, MCSM does have rye whisky. Brands vary though.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
35 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Melia Cayo Santa Maria - Booze

"Coals to Newcastle"! Enjoy the rum, it's the Holy Grail of Cuba. I'll be there in 3 days and can't wait for the real Havana Club. $7.80 a bottle.Saludo!

Mentioned in this post
Cuba
Cuba
Caribbean
Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
93 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Melia Cayo Santa Maria - Booze

The rum down there IS fantastic. I keep thinking about bringing down a bottle of decent Scotch, JW Black or Chivas 12 yr with me. I feel like I'm bringing sand to the beach but at the same time you get so few days away from the hustle and bustle of the city on vacation that you might as well invest $30-$40 to make sure you will be able to enjoy your favorite drink on your holiday.

Just my 2 cents

Saint John, New...
Level Contributor
409 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Melia Cayo Santa Maria - Booze

I have to agree with unkajohn, when in Cuba.."the land of rum" enjoy the local culture *L*

Mentioned in this post
Cuba
Cuba
Caribbean
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
305 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Melia Cayo Santa Maria - Booze

It's all sounds good to me ! I take a bottle of J & B scotch from the duty free with me. Emergency fluids in case of a shortage at the bar.

Niagara Falls...
Level Contributor
140 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Melia Cayo Santa Maria - Booze

I saw Canadian Club at the neighbouring Melia Las Dunas where we were, with yours also being a Melia, it is possible they will have it too. However, you will be in Cuba! Their rum is great too, just like everyone is saying.

Mentioned in this post
Melia Las Dunas
Melia Las Dunas
8,710 Reviews
Cuba
Cuba
Cuba
Caribbean
9. Re: Melia Cayo Santa Maria - Booze

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 01:16