We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Food at Iberostar Ensenachos/in CSM in general

montreal
Level Contributor
48 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Food at Iberostar Ensenachos/in CSM in general

Hey everyone, I searched for a thread on this, but there was nothing that matched my query, so here it goes.

I traveled to the Barcelo CSM this spring break, and would have to agree with the majority of reviews that the food was terrible (running out of everything, no fruit, etc.). I am thinking of booking the Iberostar Ensenachos in June. I know that spring break is one of the busiest times of year, so that would explain long line-ups at different food stations, but is food quality a general problem in CSM, as a result of it being 2 hours or so away from the mainland? Is the food at Iberostar any good? Was it better when it was the Royal Hideaway Ensenachos?

I know the IE is a better hotel than the Barcelo, but thought I'd ask.

Thanks

ontario
Level Contributor
1,332 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Food at Iberostar Ensenachos/in CSM in general

I would be Happy to hear the replies to this one! I am Booked for the BCSM, in July! I did not know "That the majority, of reviews, stated that the food was aweful"..I just returned from The Holguin area, SPT, I actually Had to listen to a Man, who stood in line at the Buffet Grill Station, , ranting to Me, for the 5-6 minutes ("Long Minutes, I Might Add".)., wait in line;0!!!!!: "There is No Food Here, I will never *F---ing* return to Cuba!"!!!!!!! Piled his Plate, than Stalked away! I still wish I had been Quicker, and had a Good Comeback, for His Rant!! I watched this Same Man and His Lovely Wife,(I am Being Generous)... manage to Graze the whole place, plate after plate..after plate..lol....

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
617 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Food at Iberostar Ensenachos/in CSM in general

We have been to Iberostar Ensenachos 4 times. Our first 3 visits was when it was Royal Hideaway. I can honestly say that the food is very good and it is much improved each time we have visited. You won't be disappointed.

Cambridge, ON
Level Contributor
17 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Food at Iberostar Ensenachos/in CSM in general

My husband and I were at the Enchanachos in Santa Maria at the end of January. We were really excited as we went to the Melia last year with our teens and loved it.

We figured to treat ourselves with a 5star. So disappointed. I always love wherever we go, but this time I was floored at the service and food quality. It was like a ghost town, restaurants closed, nobody cleaning our rooms, very rarely would you see any staff around. We ended up on the beach where there were no bathrooms or food. They were building one but it was far from being ready. No activities, nothing going on in the lobby at night.....we couldn't wait to leave......sorry......but this place is just plain terrible.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
617 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Food at Iberostar Ensenachos/in CSM in general

I have to disagree with the previous post. It is unfortunate that you did not have a good experience in January. The hotel was in transition from Royal Hideaway to Iberostar from November 1, 2011. During this period there were probably things that needed to be ironed out but the guests certainly shouldn't have to suffer as a result. This is a very, very large resort and it is surprising to hear that there was hardly any staff or anyone cleaning your rooms. Doesn't sound right and if this was the case I hope you complained.

We have been there 4 times and without a doubt it is the nicest resort in Cayo Ensenachos and the proof is in all the repeat guests they have and the constant positive reviews. We did have issues during our last visit but nothing that would deter us from returning to this beautiful paradise.

The food was excellent and we traveled with some very picky eaters on our last trip and they all loved the food.

Our vacations are what we make of them. If you go with an open mind and don't let the little things bother you then you will have a great time wherever you go. This place has warm and caring staff, beautiful and lush grounds and some of the most beautiful beaches in the world. You will NOT be disappointed.

Cambridge
Level Contributor
47 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Food at Iberostar Ensenachos/in CSM in general

Hands down the most beautiful beaches I've ever seen. And yes it is very large. Only one a la carte was open each night during our stay. We, along with other guests we met figured they were at about 25 percent capacity. There was seriously nobody around....could have been the transition like noted. Vacation is what you make it for sure.....

Charlottetown...
Level Contributor
70 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Food at Iberostar Ensenachos/in CSM in general

My opinion only. Food was somewhat of a disappointment. I have a review posted from our trip in March. Much better at Iberostar Varadero and at MCSM(also a review from 2008)

London, Canada
Level Contributor
5,544 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Food at Iberostar Ensenachos/in CSM in general

We were at the Iberostar Ensenachos at the end of March and would return in a heartbeat. The service and staff were just excellent, we couldn't have asked for better. The animation team did a great job and there were always activities going on so if you wanted to participate you could or you could just relax. The food was actually better than we had expected with lobster on the buffet 4 nights the week we were there. There was always fresh fruit and we didn't have any problems with them running out of food. Breakfast was great with omelets, scrambled eggs, crepes being freshly made and the baguettes were amazing - fresh out of the oven still warm. I have a full review posted from our stay in March if you want more info :-)

8. Re: Food at Iberostar Ensenachos/in CSM in general

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 02:40
Get answers to your questions about Cayo Santa Maria