We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dress Code for MCSM

Bowmanville, Canada
Level Contributor
751 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Dress Code for MCSM

Just wondering what the dress code is for the restaurants..

Thanks

Charlene

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
97,341 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dress Code for MCSM

Have a read of my Inside Page on dress codes for a la carte restaurants:

tripadvisor.co.uk/Travel-g147270-c131559/Cub…

Bowmanville, Canada
Level Contributor
751 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dress Code for MCSM

Thanks for the reply, I wasn't too sure. we went to the Mayan in Feb/ Mar, and even though they said dress code, my wore his dress pants, others wearing shorts were allowed in..

Thanks again

Charlene

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
97,341 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dress Code for MCSM

That's often the case in Cuba too. Sometimes they do not want to appear confrontational so will let men in wearing dress shorts. Personally I always wear long trousers.

ontario
Level Contributor
1,320 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dress Code for MCSM

Hey Charlene and Bellagio..We could start a whole New Thread, on the "Dress Code" Thing! Been Done to Death, however:p..Always come prepared..Some places really stick to their "Rules"..lol...Hubby always brings a couple of pairs long Pants, as well as Closed toe Shoes.(Light weight Canvas)..Not Sneakers..BTW....You Never know..We were turned away once, at the Blau Veradero..Because Hubby was wearing Dress Shorts..Lesson Learned..You can always change back into shorts after Dinner..

Bowmanville, Canada
Level Contributor
751 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dress Code for MCSM

Thats what happened to us in the Mayan. first night we went to the Steak house dressed in long pants, people wore shorts.. Next night we went to the Italian, hubby decided to wear dress shorts, he was turned away.. you just can't win LOL LOL

ontario
Level Contributor
1,320 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dress Code for MCSM

Charlene, Agree! It is what it Is..Just be prepared..:)

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
6,046 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dress Code for MCSM

Hola

if people follow the rules, no problem....but many think they are above the rules...many friends at the MCSM who work in these restaurants are told this all the time....rules do not apply to me....Really then the managers of hotel should grow a set...and tell people to follow the rules...rather than have to the workers getting into arguments with the tourists.

Rant..over..lol

cheers.

ontario
Level Contributor
1,320 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dress Code for MCSM

rrrichar, Vancouver..Totally agree with your Rant!..... this Thread has been beat to Death..LOL.. "When in Rome"??? Otherwise, Just stick to the Buffet!!!..Been there 11 times, Done that..;0!!!!

Bowmanville, Canada
Level Contributor
751 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Dress Code for MCSM

I personally think its nice to get dressed for dinner, after a day at the pool or beach...

ontario
Level Contributor
1,320 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Dress Code for MCSM

As do Most of Us...But some will always want to Differ...LOL...:)