We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather for christmas and new years?

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
9,194 posts
96 reviews
Save Topic
weather for christmas and new years?

what has been the pattern for this time in this area? I know i have been to holguin and cayo guillermo for new years and it was quite windy and cool both times.. is that the norm at this area too or was i having a bad luck streak 2 times?

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
15,713 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: weather for christmas and new years?

It's the norm for that time of the year.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
9,194 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: weather for christmas and new years?

hummm. maybe i will pass on it... i just hate the fact that the only time we can travel is at that time and i really miss cuba :(

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
1,152 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: weather for christmas and new years?

Most of the time at that time of the year it could be cool and windy.

Ontario
Level Contributor
8,397 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: weather for christmas and new years?

Can you get to Santiago de Cuba from Winnipeg? It should be warm there. Holguin would also be a better bet. CSM may be fine, but you sure can't count on it!

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
9,194 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: weather for christmas and new years?

santiago i don't think we can from here and holguin yes but i have been there during new years and brrrrr maybe cuba isn't in my books anymore as that is the only time we travel now. :(

Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
14,801 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: weather for christmas and new years?

It is a bit unpredictable, but generally the south coast would be warmer than the north - so Santiago or Granma.

It often seem to get cold right about Christmas - so New Year suffers worse.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
9,194 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: weather for christmas and new years?

hummm thanks. i am not sur ei like the sound of that,lol. that is the only time we can travel now and i don't think cuba will be on list anytime soon then :( i want a bit more of a guarantee since it's the only time we will get away...

8. Re: weather for christmas and new years?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2013, 11:18