We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach condition

Ottawa
Level Contributor
100 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Beach condition

From a recent pic it looks the beach took a beating from Sandy. Any other recent feedback out there? The stretch in front of the Sol and going west was getting very wide in September. I have seen the beach in many stages, including almost gone, it does comes back, but what is it like now?

Iglesia San Juan Bautista de Remedios
Sacred & Religious Sites, Historic Sites, Scenic Walking Areas, Points of Interest & Landmarks, Churches & Cathedrals
Ottawa
Level Contributor
100 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach condition

And funny enough the effects of Sandy are supposed to be here in Ottawa late Monday, lots of rain or even snow.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
39 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach condition

Just got back from memories... Beach took a good beating. Was closed when I left on Sundays, but might be re opening soon. Just lots of debris and seaweed. And no parasols left.

Kitchener, Ontario...
Level Contributor
120 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach condition

talked to my good friend who works at memories and he was helping to clean up the beach sunday night and when i talked to him today he said it is all open but not completely perfect yet

Orillia, Canada
Level Contributor
176 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beach condition

9 more sleeps for them to get it in order lol.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
223 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beach condition

Got back Nov 5 - the tide was a bit high but the beach is free and clear! I walked the whole thing several times. Was fantastic. The day we arrived though, it was crashing waves, I thought we'd never see sand. But we did! The workers are fabulous! :D

Orillia, Canada
Level Contributor
176 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beach condition

good to hear, leaving today!

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
781 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Beach condition

Glad to hear the beach is looking good....have they re-built the palapas on the beach.

BIZGIRL..let us know, when you get back, as we go on the 18th..thanks

Montreal
Level Contributor
254 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Beach condition

We were there from October 26 - November 2 at the MCSM. The water was up to the ramps on the 27th and on the 28th, they were cleaning it up. The palapas were still up but very low so difficult to maneuver a chair under. After that, the beach was beautiful, but difficult to walk on as you would sink to your ankles. Toward the end of the week (October 31), it had settled and you could walk all the way down to the Memories hotel.

ottawa ontario
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Beach condition

I messaged the the resort directly and was told that there was no damage to the island. "battlescar...."...I am going as well on the 18th of November : )

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
223 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Beach condition

The palapas were not damanged at the HUSA resort and looked fine everywhere except for down the island at Memories Azul/Paraiso. They had none. If you get desperate for shade, there is an umbrella in your closet. :D