We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sterilizing Baby Bottles in Cuba

Carleton Place...
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
Sterilizing Baby Bottles in Cuba

I just bought an American Tourister Adapter Kit. We will be staying at Memories in Cuba. Will this kit enable us to use the baby bottle sterilizer and baby bottle warmer? Does anyone have any recommendations on travelling with infants 7 months and 16 months? Has anyone stayed with infants and toddlers at "Memories"?

toronto Canada
Level Contributor
7 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sterilizing Baby Bottles in Cuba

Ok, so as long as you bought a converter that converts voltage from 220 to 110 u should be ok. I travelled with 2 babies, and a toddler and left my husband at home. Lots of work. Hopefully you have extra hands. If you are looking to buy milk in Cuba, they will likely only have whole powdered milk that you should mix with bottled water. Same for formula, obviously :) I made the mistake of letting my 8 month old spend hours in the sand and discovered sand fleas/flies. Itchy. Same goes for playing in grassy areas. A lovely Cuban lady warned me of fire ants, about 5 min too late. Generally, though, Cuba has been my fave destination with kids, best beaches very safe, and best of all, short flight from Toronto..happy travels

toronto Canada
Level Contributor
7 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sterilizing Baby Bottles in Cuba

Oh and don't forget soap and a bottle brush to wash your bottles. I also brought a flat drying rack to put all my sterilized stuff....ah, how I miss the days of packing a bikini, little black dress and a towel, and off you go!

Calgary
Level Contributor
868 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sterilizing Baby Bottles in Cuba

Traveled with babies/toddlers before. Plan on bringing everything you need - especially pedialite ...

Carleton Place...
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Sterilizing Baby Bottles in Cuba

Thank you all for your help. This will be my first experience travelling with infants and toddlers to Cuba.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
30 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Sterilizing Baby Bottles in Cuba

Lakegal - I've travelled with my little one 3x to Cuba .. first time at almost 7 months, then when he was 14 months and most recently at 24 months. When he was an infant .. I bought those playtex bottles (2) with disposable inserts so we only had to worry about sterilizing the nipples (4), which we did by bringing a small travel kettle and boiling the bottled water .. also brought some dish soap and a nipple brush and a mirofiber dishmat. When he was older and not drinking formula, we brought UHT milk with us since we weren't sure if he was going to like the milk there. Sure enough, he didn't care for the local milk, so the UHT came in handy. Much easier at the age of 2 ... just brought snacks and a portable dvd player to distract him on the plane! : ) Shoppers also has packets of powdered pedialyte, so you don't have to get the bottles of liquid that weigh a lot and take up precious luggage space.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
30 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Sterilizing Baby Bottles in Cuba

Oh ... and in the event that you don't pack enough diapers...we noticed at the Puebla Estrella, one of the stores was selling 24 packs of diapers in all sizes for 10 CUC.

Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
19 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sterilizing Baby Bottles in Cuba

hey, did you use the baby club at all? just wondering how it is.

Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
19 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sterilizing Baby Bottles in Cuba

hey did you use the baby club there at all? just wondering how it is.

Carleton Place...
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Sterilizing Baby Bottles in Cuba

We're going on the 25th of February. We do plan to use the Kids Club and the Baby Club. I'll let you know when we get back how it went.

Edited: 26 January 2013, 00:02
Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
19 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sterilizing Baby Bottles in Cuba

ok, i'm leaving to go on march 3..looking forward to your response..thanks!