We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cadeca at Pueblo Las Dunas

Campbellton, Canada
Level Contributor
125 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Cadeca at Pueblo Las Dunas

Is there a Cadeca (not just a money exchange like at the reception of the hotels) at the Pueblo Las Dunas. If not where is the closest one to the Melia Cayo Santa Maria. Can you tell me until what time it is open in the afternoon. Can wait to go in April.

Quebec City, Canada
Level Contributor
1,521 posts
215 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cadeca at Pueblo Las Dunas

a real bank at Pueblo la estrela

Edited: 27 January 2013, 20:57
Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
488 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cadeca at Pueblo Las Dunas

The bank at the Pueblo La Estrella opens at 10AM. I don't remember what time it closes. And it's closed on the week-ends.

Got 96cuc and change for CDN$100 on Monday Jan 21st.

Saturday the 19th, I got 186cuc for $200 (which works out at 93 for 100). So, better rate at the bank, but not worth the hassle for smaller amounts.

Also, at the bank, I got change (1x20 for 20x1) and was charged a commission (a few cents). Change is somewhat hard to come by, except at the bank.

-p.

Consett, United...
Level Contributor
19,196 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cadeca at Pueblo Las Dunas

The different rates could be exchange on that date , not location.

It is never wise to exchange at a reception desk.

Campbellton, Canada
Level Contributor
125 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cadeca at Pueblo Las Dunas

What about the exchange at the airport. They cheated us out a little in Cayo Coco last year. We are thinking doing the exchange at the hotel (to get us started) until we take a drive up to the Pueblo.

Ontario
Level Contributor
273 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cadeca at Pueblo Las Dunas

Regardless of using a Cadeca or a bank, ALWAYS ask for the receipt.

They tend to get "creative" with the exchange rate, but not if it has to be on paper. ie. They may tell you the exchange rate is "so and so" and give you "x" amount of CUC's for your currency, but they still need to log the transaction in their machines at the RIGHT rate, hence they cannot print a receipt reflecting their "creativity",

My 2 cents.

Consett, United...
Level Contributor
19,196 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cadeca at Pueblo Las Dunas

As you have to give your passport, they print a receipt off showing rate and your name.

If the rate is not published ask to see it, if not given up freely go else where.

7. Re: Cadeca at Pueblo Las Dunas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 January 2014, 07:16