We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

incredible!

Quebec City, Canada
Level Contributor
1,564 posts
232 reviews
Save Topic
incredible!

the lastest review from the royalton was removed because is negative ? Omar the manager made the same thing last month and when he was at the Melia Buenavista he made the same thing its bad to tell the truth?

i have a copy of this review read it its incredible to offer a credit if you dont tell the truth : from Lurgy (username of trip advisor)

We were there 19 Jan to 2 Feb. 2013. We have been to Cuba very many times.

The rooms were pretty standard Cuba - no problem, except we didn't get a second floor room we requested.

The grounds will take a while to grow in - but the potential is there.

The food was very hit and miss - unfortnately more miss than hit. In two weeks we didn't see a single vegetable. A so called filet mignon was difficult to cut and impossible to chew.

We were offered in writing a discount on a future visit if we agreed not to write anything negative about the food on TripAdvisor. This tells you everything.

For us, the butlers were a joke.

Bottom line - most certainly not 5 star, overpriced even at a discount - we will

Iglesia San Juan Bautista de Remedios
Scenic Walking Areas, Churches & Cathedrals, Historic Sites, Sacred & Religious Sites, Points of Interest & Landmarks
Dartmouth, Canada
Level Contributor
222 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: incredible!

I had also read the review & went back to view it & found it to be gone??? I am certainly going with an open mind & I am optimistic about all the positive reviews.How many other negative reviews have been removed. I always read the posts both Positive & Negative.I am going to the Royalton on April 11th from Halifax. I will be posting my review upon our return & will make sure it is posted regardless of my opinion! I am not impressed with cenorship.

montreal
Level Contributor
11,290 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: incredible!

And what does this have to do with the Manager for the remove of the post as i think this is made more by the cheerleading squad who don't want nobody to say bad things about there favourite resort if you ask me ...

Quebec City, Canada
Level Contributor
1,564 posts
232 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: incredible!

the most of the reviews are very good but the most of the reviews said the food there is sub par im not worry about the beach ,the pools and the service but at the price they sell im waitng for good food there like the hotel is suppose to be i know about the food in cuba but when i came to Buenavista the food was better at their sister hotels( Melia las Dunas and melia cayo Santa maria) 2 cheaper hotels ,we came to sol luna y mares a minus 3 stars and the food was better there if i pay more i want more right ?

Dartmouth, Canada
Level Contributor
222 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: incredible!

It narrows it down to whoever removed the post? Most likely ,I would surmise someone from the Royalton...could be wrong. Would like to hear from whoever removed it & why. I am still optimistic that after 6 previous trips to Cuba that this resort will rank near the top....we"ll see.

Quebec City, Canada
Level Contributor
1,564 posts
232 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: incredible!

normally when a review is bad we have an answer from the hotel manager on the bottom of the review in question not to remove a review there is nothing rude or bad in this review except the manager try to buy the silence of a client

montreal
Level Contributor
11,290 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: incredible!

Last 6 reviews don't have an answer from the Manager so what are you trying to get at as good or bad they will answer as me thinks your trying to make a story out of nothing ...

montreal
Level Contributor
11,290 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: incredible!

Capebretoner6... That will be the day that somebody that gets a review or posts removed that will say it was me and i did it for so and so reason not a chance .....

S
Destination Expert
for Cayo Guillermo
Level Contributor
7,632 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: incredible!

We met Omar last year at the Buenavista. A nice young man.

Originally from west coast Mexico, has done quite well working his way up the ladder. He is a very "Hands On " kind of guy, who seems to feel the frustrations of running a hotel in Cuba. Sat with him a few times including dinner one evening. A guy who was genuinely concerned about what the clients had to say.

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
312 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: incredible!

MoineauQc: just wondering where is your review of The Royalton?

Dartmouth, Canada
Level Contributor
222 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: incredible!

Gato...Don"t have a clue what you are talking about? I have no idea who removed the post....It was removed ...Perhaps the person who wrote it? Perhaps not.