We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Royalton Drinks

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
309 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Royalton Drinks

ok, we have covered the food on here, so next, how are the drinks? Do they have a machine for frozen drinks? What's your favorite Cuba drink?

Riverview NB Canada
Level Contributor
393 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Royalton Drinks

No slushy machines that I could see. If you wanted a frozen drink they made it using a blender. Appears that each bartender has a special drink that they make. Little girl at the upper pool makes something called a blue potion, Yoiky at the snack bar made the wife a special drink every day, the hulk, Canada drink, Cuban drink and something we could not translate. Lower pool dirty monkey and the beach bar the guy will make anything you want as long as he has the ingredients, or you can describe how it is made. There is no bar menu as I have seen at other resorts. Spanish coffee is really good at the reception bar and at the snack bar as they have the special machines there that also make cappuccino and expresso.

Ontario Canada
Level Contributor
1,609 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Royalton Drinks

I've never been to Royalton but just wanted to say that a slushy machine is not any better than a blender with ice. In my opinion it's worse.

Last year I tried the blue slushy mix at MCSM. I took one sip and left it sitting in my bubba until I went back to the beach bar. I took the lid off to dump it in the sink and the foam on top had turned into a chemical mess. I couldn't clean the stain off the bubba.

I strongly suspect the chemicals used would not be something you should be drinking. I'd love to know exactly what is in that mix. I know what is used in Cdn bars but in Cuba it's a different mix entirely.

I switched off of mix after that.

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
309 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Royalton Drinks

Thanks! That's what I was hoping! Yes, I agree...blended drinks are the way to go! 42 days to go & with today's blast of winter, it can't come soon enough!!! Thanks for the info!

Guelph, Canada
Level Contributor
111 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Royalton Drinks

Do they make a good margarita?

Quebec City, Canada
Level Contributor
1,522 posts
217 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Royalton Drinks

they have a drink menu ?

6. Re: Royalton Drinks

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 February 2014, 05:16