We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach umbrellas at MCSM

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
2 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Beach umbrellas at MCSM

I was wandering does MCSM offer extra beach umbrellas ( or are there any in the room or can they be rented)? ... there are many reviews stating that there are not enough umbrellas on the beach.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
247 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach umbrellas at MCSM

There is a rain umbrella in your room, but no beach umbrellas.

If shade is very important to you you need to either be up early and reserving a spot or bring your own sun umbrella.

I had a shady spot each day but I was on the beach before 7am. Often times when I left in the afternoon people were ready to take my spot.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
11,364 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach umbrellas at MCSM

Yup agree with post#1. At this time of year the chair wars will be in full effect. Have a great vacation.

Cheers

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
247 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach umbrellas at MCSM

Even though I reserved a chair early I was using it before 9am and never left it for more than an hour till I gave it up around 4pm.

The early bird gets the shade!

Hamilton, Ontario
Level Contributor
1,625 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beach umbrellas at MCSM

If we arrive at the beach around 9am are we too late to find shade? We usually eat breakfast first, then head to the beach. We could always go to the beach, set up our spot and then do breakfast if need be. We were be there next week.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
11,364 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beach umbrellas at MCSM

Might need to go arly, setup shop then head for a bite. Depends solely on the amount of guests.

Cheers

Hamilton, Ontario
Level Contributor
1,625 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beach umbrellas at MCSM

That's kind of what I figured bergerman. We arrive at 3am on Sunday, so I would imagine we'll have a late start on our first morning. We'll sort of figure it out as we go along. I hate to play the towel game, but if you have to, you have to.

New Brunswick...
Level Contributor
2,707 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Beach umbrellas at MCSM

You will definitely have to play the towel game and if you can get to the beach before 6:30 a.m. you will get a spot in the shade .....the closer to 7:00 a.m. you get the lesser your chance. We actually saw some people going to the beach after midnight and staking their spots ..... this was the worst resort we have encountered for the towel game but one of our favourite resorts overall!!

Hamilton, Ontario
Level Contributor
1,625 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Beach umbrellas at MCSM

We have NEVER had to play the towel game anywhere. I understand that they lost a lot of palapas with the hurricane last year. I was hoping they had re-built most of them. Fingers crossed everyone is there for March Break and it won't be busy next week. (in my dreams) lol

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
6,142 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Beach umbrellas at MCSM

Hola

a good ? to ask is why the palapas are they not fixed or new ones are not built, MCSM have had plenty of time to do this, I was told this was going to happen, before Xmas of last year.....if other hotels have repaired theirs like the IB why has not the MCSM, most of them were in need of repair before sandy came along, with the two sand surges most of them were not high enough for much shade anyway....lucky me I have my beach umbrella stored at the hotel...lol.

The towel game I have seen and heard people going down to the beach at 3 in the morning to get their spot, and not show up after 10:00.....and that is the truth.....

cheers.

Hamilton, Ontario
Level Contributor
1,625 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Beach umbrellas at MCSM

I totally agree. There has been plenty of time to have the palapas fixed. It is insane that they will allow people to reserve palapas at midnight or 3am. I wish there was a solution to this problem.