We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Iberostar Ensenachos versus Melia Las Dunas

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
47 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Iberostar Ensenachos versus Melia Las Dunas

We are travelling as a family with two children 10 and 8 year old in July 2013. I can not decide which resort to choose Iberostar Ensenachos or Melia Las Dunas. Iberostar is much more expensive. Is it worth paying $600-1000 more for four of us for two week stay?

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Camaguey, Cuba
Level Contributor
11,166 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Iberostar Ensenachos versus Melia Las Dunas

I think it depends on your criterias. Iberostar has a little water park for the kids and one of the beach is good for them and the resort is a bit in a better shape.

But MLD has a lot more food choices, especially during the day. There are more activities for kids and I prefer the pools there.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
47 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Iberostar Ensenachos versus Melia Las Dunas

Thank you. Just one more question about a la carte - what restaurants are in MLD and what are in Iberostar Ensenachos? We love Japanese restaurant, it looks like there is none at Iberostar, however they do have one at MLD. Am I right?

Consett, United...
Level Contributor
19,720 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Iberostar Ensenachos versus Melia Las Dunas

No Japanese at the MLD

They do have one at the MCSM.

There is an Asian at the MLD.

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Camaguey, Cuba
Level Contributor
11,166 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Iberostar Ensenachos versus Melia Las Dunas

Diva is right (of course, MLD is her second home!). There is a Japanese at the Iberostar, but I would not base my choise of hotel on that factor alone.

Quebec City, Canada
Level Contributor
1,533 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Iberostar Ensenachos versus Melia Las Dunas

the food is much better at Las Dunas,huge buffet,ice cream parlor,beer garden,a lot a la carte

ensenachos small buffet and not a lot of choice,Asian restaurant not open yet,Italian with the smell of humidity is really bad to eat there,so you have the international at the pool whit the cats and the small flies and the seafood restaurant

Madrid
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Iberostar Ensenachos versus Melia Las Dunas

Meliá Las dunas is definitely the best option, has more entertainment options within and outside the hotel. Iberostar Ensenachos is a bit far from the main centers of entertainment and service in the two places is very similar.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
47 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Iberostar Ensenachos versus Melia Las Dunas

Thank you All! It looks like we will go to Melia Las Dunas. I also heard that MLD is very similar to Playa Pesquero in Holguin, and we loved Playa Pesquero. Also, I checked the map of Iberostar Ensenachos - and most of the buildings there are far away from the beach,

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
23 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Iberostar Ensenachos versus Melia Las Dunas

In my opinion Iberostar Ensenachos is far much better than any resort I've been in cuba. It is slightly farther from the Ensenachos beach but there are always golf carts or hotel transportation around to take you to that particular end. Also playa megano is centrally located and u can walk to it very easily. Iberostar resorts are usually designed to be very functional and convenient. So whether you are at one end or the other you are always close to the major amenities and lobby area !

Quebec City, Canada
Level Contributor
1,533 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Iberostar Ensenachos versus Melia Las Dunas

always golf carts absolutely not !

only the sea is better there since is Iberostar

10. Re: Iberostar Ensenachos versus Melia Las Dunas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 April 2014, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Cayo Santa Maria