We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Havana trip

York, England
Level Contributor
38 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Havana trip

Can anyone recommend a Havana trip for me. We are staying at MCSM and we are wondering what the cost would be and journey times in a taxi to Havana for aday trip, if it would be worth it. TIA

Iglesia San Juan Bautista de Remedios
Scenic Walking Areas, Churches & Cathedrals, Historic Sites, Sacred & Religious Sites, Points of Interest & Landmarks
Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
102,105 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Havana trip

Hi there:

It's around 240 miles to Havana from the MCSM and it would cost an arm and a leg by taxi. Check out this link for excursions available:

cayosantamaria.info/excursions_intro.html

Campbellton, Canada
Level Contributor
127 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Havana trip

We did the Havana trip by plane in April, the cost was $175.00 per person. You make the reservation at the desk on the side of the lobby at MCSM. You leave the resort at 6:00am and take the plane at the airport that is about 10 minutes from the resorts. It's a flight of about 45 minutes. You spend the day touring Havana in a bus with a guide. You get a chance to do some walking on your own. There is a lunch included and it was very good. You should normally be back to your resort by 7:30 or 8:00pm. Our plane was late and we got back around 10:00pm. We had a very good guide (Anna) and enjoyed our tour very much. I would recommend doing this tour.

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
102,105 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Havana trip

France R:

Thanks for that. It would be certainly cheaper overall than taking a taxi; and going by plane gives you more time in Havana if you are only doing a day trip.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,837 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Havana trip

I agree with Bellagio, going by flight gives you more time in Havana if only going for one day. That being said, there is another more flexible and affordable alternative: a daily shuttle from CSM to Havana for 30 CUC each way. But it will take you about 5 hours to get there. You can stay as many days as you want and take another shuttle back. For more info about it, go to the Gaviota desk at MCSM.

south western...
Level Contributor
1,081 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Havana trip

My daughter did the Havana flight and found it a good way to get an overview of the city in one day.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
88 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Havana trip

. We booked one for Havana 15 very hot hours. The plane on the way out was like a Dash 8…NICE. The plane on the way back was built in the 70’s in Russia. Like OMG what a riot! Ppl on the plane thought this was the end, some were even crying and the A/C is blowing all kinds of fog into the cabin and ppl thought it was smoke! Then it started to rain in the cabin from condensation from the A/C I was getting all wet. When we landed everyone clapped because they were happy to be alive...all that was missing from this flight was Goats and Chickens.

The trip around Havana is like a Gov't orchestrated tour. It is mostly what they want you to see. When you are alone head for the back streets, That is when you find out what Havana is all about. I loved the place. The next time I go to Cuba I will spend 3 days in Havana.

7. Re: Havana trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 June 2014, 06:17