We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2014 uk holidays to cayo Santa Maria

Derby UK
Level Contributor
154 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
2014 uk holidays to cayo Santa Maria

Does anyone know of a UK tour operator that's doing holidays to cayo santa maria next year? Had such a fabulous holiday in MCSM in May want to take the extended family back for a 40th celebration next year. It seems TC is not :( absolutely gutted

Consett, United...
Level Contributor
20,647 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2014 uk holidays to cayo Santa Maria

No British tour company going directly there next year.

If you want to go back you will have to go via Havana or another point.

Try the holidayplace to see if they can do you a package.

Derby UK
Level Contributor
154 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2014 uk holidays to cayo Santa Maria

Do know why? No one had a bad word to say about the place. Totally gutted it was such a good deal too

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
6,399 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2014 uk holidays to cayo Santa Maria

Hola

perhaps they were not making money, just like AT stopped going to CSM a few years back from Vancouver....

cheers

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
101,532 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2014 uk holidays to cayo Santa Maria

Not only has Thomas Cook stopped flying to Cayo Santa Maria next year, they have stopped flying from Gatwick to Cayo Coco. This, along with Thomson pulling out of Cuba altogether, will have quite an effect on the number of flights from the UK to Cuba next year.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
44 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 2014 uk holidays to cayo Santa Maria

We had something similar when Virgin pulled out of Santa Maria resorts so we booked everything independently. flights with virgin to havana, havana hotels with travel republic, internal flight with solwaycuba and the hotel through a Canadian website sunwing.ca and it has actually worked out cheaper for us than when we went brought Virgin

That said I hadn't been yet, in two weeks time I will know of any horrors with doing it myself

Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: 2014 uk holidays to cayo Santa Maria

Would it not be cheaper to fly to Toronto or Montreal and book through a Canadian Tour Operator?? Like Air Canada Vacations?

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,837 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 2014 uk holidays to cayo Santa Maria

There will be flights from Germany to CSM starting this fall... I hear internal flights within Europe are quite affordable... that could be a way to go...

Derby UK
Level Contributor
154 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 2014 uk holidays to cayo Santa Maria

Thanks for that people...I will look into doing it independently and the possibility of Germany .... Or maybe try cayo coco? Liked guardalavaca too just that MCSM had everything we liked in a hotel

Consett, United...
Level Contributor
20,647 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 2014 uk holidays to cayo Santa Maria

It may be as cheap to go via Germany, but it will add a day either side of holiday dates , if the flights do not line up.

It will also maybe incur an overnight stay at the airport.

It is an option.

Price the holiday up with Virgin or even better the holiday place.

derbyshire
Level Contributor
8 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 2014 uk holidays to cayo Santa Maria

We also would love to return to Sol cayo we are trying to work out nearest airport to Santa maria any advice would be greatly apreciated