We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Single occupancy cheap/free???

Brisco, Canada
Level Contributor
392 posts
79 reviews
Save Topic
Single occupancy cheap/free???

Hello,

I was wondering if any of you know of a resort in the area that doesn't charge an arm and a leg for single travellers? I know of a few in Varadero but would like to try somewhere new... I would like at least 4.5 stars, adults only would be perfect but I do expect they would charge $$$. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
5,504 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Single occupancy cheap/free???

www.vacancestmr.com/en/destinations_solo.php

nolitours.com/en/…

Ontario
Level Contributor
8,349 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Single occupancy cheap/free???

Single supplements tend to vary with the season, although some hotels always seem to charge one. Easiest way to find out is to run an on line booking on the hotel and date of your choice through to where they show the total cost. At CSM I think the adults only/higher starred hotels generally charge single supplement, but my favourite place happens to be Sol, which doesn't in low season, so it's all good for me. :-)

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
62 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Single occupancy cheap/free???

I agree with eeeefarm. Depends when you go ....Brother in law was with us last March in CSM at Memories Azul and he didn't have much of a surcharge. very minimal.

When are you looking a?t... that is the big de-terminator

good luck

Brisco, Canada
Level Contributor
392 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Single occupancy cheap/free???

Would be for mid November. Guess the weather is same as Varadero that time of year, a bit of a gamble since the end of rainy season?! Thanks a bunch for your help.

Ontario
Level Contributor
8,349 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Single occupancy cheap/free???

Mid November should be a good time for both weather and lack of single supplements. Usually you are past hurricane season, but not into real "winter", but still in low season, so either no or minimal supplement. Booking last minute can be a risk, but also snag you a good deal. ;-)

Brisco, Canada
Level Contributor
392 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Single occupancy cheap/free???

Yes I must admit I'm part of the last minute club. Crazy good deals, very hard to beat... I ll keep it in mind, Varadero is always there just in case. Cheers!

Toronto, Ontario
Level Contributor
1,322 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Single occupancy cheap/free???

check air canada..their single sup is minimal for most resort on CSM. I know for playa CSM it is about $25 in low season\

Consett, United...
Level Contributor
19,497 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Single occupancy cheap/free???

One thing canadians have over us Brits is the low or no single sup.

Right now for any hotel on the Cayo it is £300.

It is crazy.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,018 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Single occupancy cheap/free???

Memories Azul/Pa offer no single supplement fee as I just booked it. This is my 6th time there and never had to pay extra - your best bet is to check out travel websites and at the check out see what they price does - lots of places change depending on vacancy. Don't be afraid to call the travel supplier (sunwing or signature etc) directly and bargain with them... last time we called we ended up getting $120 off each just because we spoke to one of the reps over the phone before we booked online. 10min phone called saved us $220 total !

Bowmanville...
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Single occupancy cheap/free???

My agent said memories azul didn't have a single supplement when my mom was going to book? Hope that helps!! Happy travelling