We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

memories cayo santa maria anniversary question....

TORONTO
Level Contributor
337 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
memories cayo santa maria anniversary question....

Hello all, I'm heading to memories during my anniversary can anyone provide me any tip on what I could do? I have read there is a market with shops, bowling and restaurants that are not included in the package which may make for a bit different experience from the regular buffet or al la carte..... im looking for more of a surprise/romantic type setting basically something different from the norm...ps could any one include pricing options.... is there a beach dinner ? thanks I know I tend to ramble I look forward to hearing from you

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,018 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: memories cayo santa maria anniversary question....

There are some great restaurants in the little market beside the resort which put on a great meal. Seafood and a Japanese would be the ones I would suggest to you and the prices are pretty cheap really. You can also charter private boat cruises at sunset with a private meal if you are looking to spend a little more money but I tell ya its well worth the money. The pictures alone at sunset out on the water are worth the money you dish out. I believe you can also arrange for a private room for dinner or even in room service dinner but there is an additional fee for these services. You can always back an extra suitcase with picnic gear and surprise your lady with a sunset picnic on the beach with some champagne etc... great way to score some bonus points and it doesn't take much effort - ladies love that it as usually they only read about this type of thing in their romance books!!

Good Luck...

Aurora, Canada
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: memories cayo santa maria anniversary question....

You can get a dinner at the market by booking in the hotel lobby. You will pay allot less than booking at the market. The lobster restaurant is $10CUC pp for half a lobster and the Japanese is $15 CUC pp, both include wine or beer. The night we went for lobster there were only 2 tables occupied and it was a bit quiet, but the food was good. At the front desk you can also request something special at the hotels a la Carte restaurants but do this a few days in advance. The only outdoor restaurant is the Cuban which is located on the deck of Route 66 bar and grill. When we were there I did see a small hut down by the beach that was setup for private dinners so you can ask about that at the front desk. You can request anything at the front desk and they will do their best to accommodate. Enjoy

3. Re: memories cayo santa maria anniversary question....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 October 2014, 05:20