We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cab ride from airport to memories

TORONTO
Level Contributor
354 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Cab ride from airport to memories

Does anyone know the cost for a Cab ride from airport to memories... And if it's worth while? I'm traveling with 4 people....

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
6,400 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cab ride from airport to memories

Hola

Cost of (government) taxi last week from airport at Santa Clara to Melia Cayo Santa Maria (not far from Memories) 65 CUC (before tip).

Is it worth it? Ride will be considerably faster, you won't have to wait for everyone to get on the bus before departing, you can stop along the way if you need/want to, you might be a bit "cozy" with 4 people + luggage.....

As transfers were not included in our package we had to make alternate arrangements anyway...we did make the arrangements in advance, so cab was waiting for us at the airport.

If you take the taxi, please let your tour rep know this at the airport, so you won't hold up the bus because they are waiting for you.

Cheers

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
281 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cab ride from airport to memories

if you take a cab, how long does it take to get from the airport to the hotel (Memories Azul)? Bus is 1 1/2 -2 hrs wondering if paying cab would be worth it when transportation is included in our pkg?

And YES if we choose cab would let our Rep at airport know as anything I hate more is waiting on the bus after a long flight for some tourist who is taking his/her time around the airport (beer, bathroom, smoke etc)

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
6,400 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cab ride from airport to memories

Hola,

I would estimate that the cab ride might shave off 30 minutes of time compared to the bus - the bus is restricted to speed limit as it is monitered by GPS while the cab is not.

Personally, I don't think it is worth paying for the cab if the transfer is included in your package. Both modes of transportation will get you to your destination - so why not save the money for something else? Just MHO.

Cheers

Edited: 04 November 2013, 03:36
S
Destination Expert
for Cayo Guillermo
Level Contributor
7,532 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Cab ride from airport to memories

I would agree with you, Rrrichar.

What's the rush, we're on vacation!

The moment we land , I make it a point to...

Walk a little slower, Talk a little slower... You know,

Tranquilo!

Hope you had another wonderful visit!

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
281 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cab ride from airport to memories

thanks rrrichar, agree will take the bus if it only shortens the trip by 30 min. Will sit back and enjoy the free excursion to the hotel

Level Contributor
668 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cab ride from airport to memories

The advice above correct but adding a little; the Taxi driver at the Airport Abel Santa Maria may not have a permit to take you all the way and you may have to present your Vacation Invoice and Passport for the Police to check at the Police Booth before the causeway.

You are best travelling on the coach.

Have fun.

Ontario Canada
Level Contributor
1,633 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cab ride from airport to memories

Buy a few beer before boarding the bus and then relax. The other advantage is that often you get to talk to the other people on the bus and find out who you might want to hang out with and who you want to avoid at the resort. There are people you may want to avoid - really????? lol

Level Contributor
11 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cab ride from airport to memories

Hi There,

Can you tell me how you were able to make advance arrangements for the cab from Santa Clara to Memories Santa Maria? I have looked online and cannot find anywhere that I can do this in advance of landing.

Thanks

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
304 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cab ride from airport to memories

As we are doing carry on only and sitting in the first row we are taking the cab. Would also like to know how to make prior arrangements for a cab to met us at the airport.

Cheers

Consett, United...
Level Contributor
20,647 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cab ride from airport to memories

There WILL be taxis waiting at the airport.

If by any chance they are all taken there will be someone there with a mobile to contact a driver.

Do not worry, everyone has a friend who drives a taxi.