We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hola Sun

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
2,781 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Hola Sun

Booked for April at Eurostars. Flying with Canjet and dealing with Hola Sun. Always dealt with Nolitours and Air Transat and never had a problem. I know Hola Sun is based in Cuba (they wouldn't take Amex). How is their service, anything I should know? Do they do anything different?

Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Cuba
Cuba
Caribbean
Sault Ste. Marie...
Destination Expert
for Cuba
Level Contributor
2,772 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hola Sun

Hi Larry!

Hola Sun is Canada based; they are incorporated in Ontario with their head office in Richmond Hill. Besides that, I've used them as well as several other companies and there was nothing different to note.

It seems they currently have a promo for free excursions if you want to check it out holasunholidays.ca/holasun/…FREE.pdf

Have fun!

Mentioned in this post
Richmond
Richmond
Virginia
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
2,781 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hola Sun

Thanks Melissa, I see I had that totally wrong. I booked through Tripcentral and wanted to pay with Amex (for some airmiles) they said no because it's Cuban. Oh well, thanks for the link.

Cheers

Edited: 03 January 2014, 05:24
Sault Ste. Marie...
Destination Expert
for Cuba
Level Contributor
2,772 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hola Sun

No problem! Enjoy your countdown to April sun :)

Ontario
Level Contributor
9,058 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hola Sun

Hola Sun is Cuban owned, and affiliated with Havanatur, which is why they can't accept Amex. They operate out of Canada and are registered with TICO. (info from tripcentral.ca http://www.tripcentral.ca/hola-sun-holidays.html)

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
2,781 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hola Sun

Thanks for clarifying eeeefarm. Now their don't accept Amex policy makes sense.

Algonquin...
Level Contributor
3,230 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hola Sun

Hola sun is fine they even give you a free excursion.

Being a Cuban company they have also a better deal on certain things for you in Cuba.

Mentioned in this post
Cuba
Cuba
Caribbean
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
2,781 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hola Sun

Thanks for the reassurance ratwalto. I looked into the freebies, seems to be for everywhere in Cuba but Santa Maria. Would have been great, hard to beat a free excursion. Maybe I'll inquire further.

Cheers!

Mentioned in this post
Cuba
Cuba
Caribbean
Santa Maria Beach
Santa Maria Beach
1,485 Reviews
Cuba
Toronto
Level Contributor
37 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hola Sun

Hello, you can use AMEX, just needs a little co-operation from your travel agency. I think they

bill AMEX and then pay for your trip. Did this with BEL-AIR travel, worked out fine. All the best

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
2,781 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hola Sun

I've paid the deposit for the four of us with Visa. Balance still due, would love the airmiles with the Amex card since I'm paying. So all I need is a little "co-op" eh! Tell me your technique julian d :-)

Toronto
Level Contributor
37 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hola Sun

Wish i could say it was my genius. Truth is the lady at the agency advised me to do it that way. An

additional note, did not see any bank machines in Guadalavaca, but easy to change money at

the hotel, if tou tip a couple of dollars often speeds up future transactions. Just make sure you

have the 25 CUC departure tax. Finally keep your exchange receipts so you can change any

excess cuban money back. Hope you have an enjoyable trip, it truly is a wonderful place.