We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Duty free with a tranfer

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
166 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Duty free with a tranfer

We're flying to CSM in a week, flying Ott-Mtl and Mtl-Ott.

We usually pick up duty free on the way back, but we've never done a transfer before with duty free. Is there any issue with buying it in Cuba and having it with us through the Mtl terminal?

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
166 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Duty free with a tranfer

Sorry, that should have read "duty free with a transfer" :)

nova scotia
Level Contributor
239 posts
216 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Duty free with a tranfer

As long as you stay in transit, you won't have a problem with your duty free. If you have to redo security etc, you will lose your liquids.

Fredericton, Canada
Level Contributor
8,436 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Duty free with a tranfer

You will clear customs in Montreal and declare your purchases. Make sure you put your liquids in your checked luggage for the flight from Montreal to Ottawa.

Sudbury, Canada
Level Contributor
897 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Duty free with a tranfer

I am not positive, but I don't think they will let you board with liquids.

What I do is after customs you pick up your suitcase and leave it at a connector drop off point.

At this time I place my liquid carry ons into my checked baggage.

From what I remember, they do advise you to do so via loud speaker and also the person at drop off point reminds people.

Your suitcase is not weighed agin, so you won't be overweight at this stage.

5. Re: Duty free with a tranfer

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 January 2015, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about Cayo Santa Maria