We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Playa cayo Santa Maria

Sudbury, Canada
Level Contributor
923 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Playa cayo Santa Maria

Hi... For this who have been to this resort...

What do you suggest...that we need to bring from home...

Eg. Travel mug...to keep drinks cold...

Iglesia San Juan Bautista de Remedios
Scenic Walking Areas, Churches & Cathedrals, Historic Sites, Sacred & Religious Sites, Points of Interest & Landmarks
Montreal, Canada
3 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Playa cayo Santa Maria

Actually travel mug ; to keep from returning to the beach bar 40 times to refill the tiny little plastic cup they give you.

Bug spray.

Suntan lotion.

And don't do like i did and forget your sandals / beach shoes at home.

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Camaguey, Cuba
Level Contributor
11,405 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Playa cayo Santa Maria

Like when you go anywhere in a hotel in a secluded place in Cuba, bring everything you want and need. If you do a search on the forum, there are some lists that were posted. But basically, you need your basic "pharmacy", clothes, toiletries, snack and like Sam said, sunscreen, bug spray, travel mug.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
69 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Playa cayo Santa Maria

Hi,I just returned from there and wished I would have had a bag of peanuts in my luggage :)

When your back at your room having a beer getting ready,there are no snacks like that. No chips or pretzels in the store,basically cookies.

We took the dollar store large plastic cups for beer/water etc...we both left them for people.

That's about it besides your lotions,Tylenol,pepto ( if needed) and also we took a few small Kleenex packages for our beach bag/purse just in case there was no TP in washrooms. Have fun!!

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
166 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Playa cayo Santa Maria

We always do a salty snacks run before we go down to Cuba, for exactly the same reason. We end up craving a salty snack when we get back to the room.

The other thing we tried to find(unsuccessfully) was Caesar Pleaser (I know we could have got it online, I was trying to get it locally, and none of the Canadian Tire stores had it), but I will buy some and get it shipped before we go next time.

Sudbury, Canada
Level Contributor
923 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Playa cayo Santa Maria

Thanks everyone....

Looking forward to getting out of the cold and snow... Daytime high today is -22 brrrrrrr

6. Re: Playa cayo Santa Maria

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 January 2015, 06:18