We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Catamaran Excursion - Life Jackets

toronto
Level Contributor
138 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Catamaran Excursion - Life Jackets

Hi There,

Was thinking of doing this excursion with my family, however, my eight year old son is not a very strong swimmer. Does anyone know if the tour operator provides life jackets for kids or should I bring my own?

Thanks,

Lisa

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
5,504 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Catamaran Excursion - Life Jackets

Bring your own, On some cat trips, they only give you a belt, not very good. Plus they sometimes run out of jackets or they may not have his size.

better safe than sorry

Consett, United...
Level Contributor
20,647 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Catamaran Excursion - Life Jackets

Best take your own.

The jackets are either too big for a child or the catches are broken.

Ontario
Level Contributor
342 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Catamaran Excursion - Life Jackets

We did the catamaran excursion last week, there were no children on our excursion so hard to say...but all I saw were floatation belts. Probably not the best for a child.

toronto
Level Contributor
138 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Catamaran Excursion - Life Jackets

Thanks, everyone for your speedy responses.

I will bring one for him from home...better safe than sorry as sssnakes said!

Lisa

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
5,504 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Catamaran Excursion - Life Jackets

Flotation belts are close to useless. I saw someone almost drown wearing one of those on a cat excursion in Cayo Coco.This is my own personal very biased opinion of course.

I go overboard (so to speak) in matters of safety especially when kids are involved. Things happen to quickly.

6. Re: Catamaran Excursion - Life Jackets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 February 2015, 05:28