We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

passport stamp...

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
227 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
passport stamp...

just back from cayo santa maria via the santa clara airport,,,,,

and on return with my new canadain passport the Cuban official on departure stamped my passport with the dates that I was in cuba, no complaints about the stamp, but have been to cuba numerous times and I would have to say that this is the first time time a long time that I have had a Cuban official stamp m,y passport with dates of entry and departure...anyone else?

Iglesia San Juan Bautista de Remedios
Sacred & Religious Sites, Historic Sites, Scenic Walking Areas, Points of Interest & Landmarks, Churches & Cathedrals
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
4,915 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: passport stamp...

There have been a few reports of this in the past week or so. Interesting.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
227 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: passport stamp...

indeed , in all my travels to cuba for a holiday this was the first time in many years. shall I say 10 that they had stamp mine and my wifes pass port//// we both exited thru different custom booths also...

no big deal... I kind of like that they stamped my new canadain pass port.. giddy up

S
Destination Expert
for Cayo Guillermo
Level Contributor
7,764 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: passport stamp...

I too had my passport stamped on entry and departure, last year, at Santa Clara airport.

Leaving Jardines del Rey airport a few days ago, I only had the departure date stamp.

Mentioned in this post
Vaudreuil-Dorion...
Destination Expert
for Cayo Ensenachos
Level Contributor
2,954 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: passport stamp...

Never had ours stamped in the past 10 years we've been going. Will see if our 2014 trip we get stamped at SNU.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
227 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: passport stamp...

just thought it was odd as the previous visits to cuba went unnoyiced and un stamped./...

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
227 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: passport stamp...

I do like the cool ink stam p on my passport... cuba is such a throw back in time perhaps they were unaware stamps are paase'

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
432 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: passport stamp...

We always ASK them to stamp inside our passport, the odd time they won't, and I'll politely ask a second time, explaining we are proud to visit Cuba!

We travel to the US by land quite frequently and have never been questioned about this. (One of the stamps is on the page facing my photo page, so highly visable).

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
103,199 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: passport stamp...

My passport was stamped on leaving Holguin this past Wednesday. That is the first time in 47 visits that my passport has been stamped without me first of all requesting it.

Ontario
Level Contributor
9,004 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: passport stamp...

I am just back from Manzanillo and they stamped my passport, also the first time. A new policy, perhaps?

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
103,199 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: passport stamp...

It sounds like it, doesn't it?