We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Iberostar Ensenachos vs. Royalton

Brockville, Canada
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
Iberostar Ensenachos vs. Royalton

So, to begin with, we have been to what was the Royal Hideaway now Iberostar Ensenachos twice and were contemplating a third when we came across the Royalton CSM. We are going on our own, which means our 4 kids are staying home(Woohoo). While the Royalton seems more modern, we really loved the huge expansive beach at Iberostar.

Can anyone help us out?

We're planning on the first week of November.

Iglesia San Juan Bautista de Remedios
Scenic Walking Areas, Churches & Cathedrals, Historic Sites, Sacred & Religious Sites, Points of Interest & Landmarks
Canada
Level Contributor
2,008 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Iberostar Ensenachos vs. Royalton

We have been to the Royalton twice..second time just last month.

What do you want to know?

Mont Tremblant...
Destination Expert
for Cayo Largo
Level Contributor
6,340 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Iberostar Ensenachos vs. Royalton

If the Villa Section at the IE fits your budget, don't hesitate, book it! Playa Ensenachos is just so gorgeous, and very quiet, especially at the Villas end.

Royalton seems very nice by all accounts, but the beach will be much busier around you.

Ontario
Level Contributor
8,718 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Iberostar Ensenachos vs. Royalton

If I was looking at an adult only resort in that area for the first week of November, I would consider the Melia Buenavista (if I had the budget for it), as it would satisfy two of my main requirements, good off the beach snorkelling, and a long, long expanse of white sand to walk on.....

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
227 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Iberostar Ensenachos vs. Royalton

indeed the iberostar ensanachos is a gem, 3 timer all of which had been when it was the hideaway.

agree with cayolargo2 the beach area in the villa section and service is first rate, Cuban standards.

personally I would not hesitate to return back to ensanachos , and stay in the villa section, very quite and relaxing, on our return to cuba we decided to give the royalton a go...reviews have been nothing but specatactular on tripadvisor so based on info here we leaned towards the royalton...just a few more options, as access to memories hotel, so its 2 for 1 in a sence..also the pueblo is right next door, a small outdoor Cuban mall with few sites to see, stayed at the playa cayo santa maria in march 2014 and we did a walk about on beach passed the royalton beach it of coarse was nice and it did not seem crowded as were the other beach hotels ...so its royalton for us ...trip advisor a great resourse for homework on holiday trip descions ...good luck and have a great holiday which ever you choose...

cheers

Dartmouth, Canada
Level Contributor
1,181 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Iberostar Ensenachos vs. Royalton

When you read the resort reviews, you can see from the pictures posted just how beautiful the beach is there along the Royalton and all along there. We stayed (2 resorts over from Royalton) at the playa cayo santa maria, and the beach is amazing - you can walk for miles in each direction.

Edited: 21 July 2014, 02:58
S
Destination Expert
for Cayo Guillermo
Level Contributor
7,632 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Iberostar Ensenachos vs. Royalton

Megano and Ensenachos beaches are not too shabby either.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
227 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Iberostar Ensenachos vs. Royalton

ensanachos and megano's beaches can be calm and the water a sheet of glass

all the while a little wavey over in santa maria

I do believe I did read that the beach at iberostar enasanachos is better protected

from the prevailing winds, either one is a site to see, santa maria or ensanachos

beach...

Brockville, Canada
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Iberostar Ensenachos vs. Royalton

Thank you everyone! Great advice....we love IE were just thinking it may be time for a change. Megano and Ensenachos are much calmer....we were at IE during Hurricane Sandy and we didn't even realize it was a hurricane...while the beaches did get shut down due to winds, it wasn't until our trip to the airport that we realized how bad it was.

Still undecided...it may come down to a thumb wrestle with the hubby. :)

Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
1,869 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Iberostar Ensenachos vs. Royalton

Might be a week late but check valentin perla blanca. Brand new !

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
6,632 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Iberostar Ensenachos vs. Royalton

https://www.flickr.com/photos/39609063@N08/8326691670/

Megano playa is great....